SFBC's 2019-2020 NHL Hockey Thread

Pippen

Let's kick this one off with a bang.....Happy Birthday Gritty; a day late but always in our hearts. :p:p

I'd like to see the Canucks keep Gaudette with the big team and send Goldy down to the minors. If he doesn't pass waivers so be it. I can't see any change in Goldobin from last season, what you see is what you're gonna get.

Well done deal with Goldobin, Biega and surprisingly Baertschi put on waivers this morning. Goldobin had is chance and can't play a bottom 6 role. Biega hard worker dedicated pro but unfortunately replaceable. Baertschi injury prone and a risk at 3.5 m so win win if he gets claimed or first call up when Sutton goes down.The good, Gaudette makes the team and justifiable. Eriksson an owner decision with Schaller and Virtanen on the bubble when Rousell returns. Virtanen deserves nothing in my opinion.Big boy wearing little boy shoes. Green must see what we don't with Schaller.

Dach concussed, though skating now, is WHL bound. I think I'm in for another season of the Hawks score three but they give up four.
Still eager for the start of the season. Go Hawks!

Dach concussed, though skating now, is WHL bound. I think I'm in for another season of the Hawks score three but they give up four.
Still eager for the start of the season. Go Hawks!

Good to see there is not a disruption in the universe.

It actually wasn't too bad a game for their first they certainly had the Oilers on the ropes for a short time anyway then lost the plot.

Pretty sure I heard Virtanen's name once.

I don't know, just same old team as past 5 years still stick checking, defence insisting on outlet passes along the boards and again opposing teams pinching and feasting on that predictability in my opinion. I will give the team some slack for now as they may not have jelled and look out of synch. Not for long though as they really think they miss A. Roussel. Power play not getting it done as it's just too stagnant. On to the home opener against LA. Hope I am not disappointed.

As for the entertaining high octane Leafs the top 2 lines offensively are getting it done for now but team showed their vulnerability against Montreal in the 3rd period. We will see how the team stacks up when injuries and the bottom 6 and the defensive side sees more ice time.

I think I'm smelling playoffs in the air, lol. Kings played better than the score indicated. Quick was like a sieve and Markstrom looked good. The Canucks look to have some depth now through the lineup and it will show in the long run.

Gritty win for the Canucks last night and kotos for hanging in there in the 3rd against what looks to me like a Philly playoff bound team. Carter Hart is a stud as both Markstrom and him had strong games. Canucks had some bite throughout the lineup which is encouraging to see as everyone came to play. Really like JT Miller's addition to the top line and the addition of Myers and Benn on defence. Virtanen periodically moved up to the Horvat line as he showed some spunk and was rewarded. On to Detroit next.

Back