SFBC - Orca Outreach Fundraiser and Fried Chicken Lunch at Burrard Civic Marina

Rain City

Crew Member
Hey guys,

I want to make this thing real. But I don't want to go through all the effort and have 6 people show up. I think we can piggy back this fried chicken party with a good cause. (For those that don't follow the $300k boat for $100k thread the fried chicken is something I offered to do for all the help I got in finding the right boat for me and my family). So I think we should do the chicken by donation, I'll provide everything for that at no charge. We can do a 50/50 draw. We can do a raffle with some sponsorship from local shops, lot's of opportunities to promote a good cause. I even have a couple news buddies that might be interested in showing up. The obvious issue is logistics with the island guys making it over. So if anyone has any good suggestions on either boat rides or even van rides on that god forsaken ferry I'd love to hear them. Burrard Civic will have open slips to accommodate boats if we do it before March and they have an old locker room turned into a members lounge to keep everyone warm if need be. So please please please respond to this or send me a message to help get this going, it dies here if I can't get any help.

Resized_IMG_20181223_201025_642.jpeg
Here is some encouragement.

Great idea rain!
I think you should pick the island guys up in your new ship! Kidding, but I’m looking forward to going if some island guys can tee up a carpool/boatpool

We're going fishing first then chicken...right.
I'm on the island but would love to make this.

We're going fishing first then chicken...right.
I'm on the island but would love to make this.
Right! Should have said that. Derby first. I can accommodate eight guys on my boat plus if the Bayliner isn't sold @SteelyDan could take that one out too.

Thanks for thinking of innovative fund raising ideas. I didn't see this thread until another member flagged it for me. Not sure who to go about organizing an event like this, and will be away for next week. Will check in when I get back next week.

I think you have to choose a day before people will start committing to going to it. Not everyone is free every day of every weekend

I think you have to choose a day before people will start committing to going to it. Not everyone is free every day of every weekend
The thought was I would try and start with getting good dates from the key guys. If @Stizzla can't make one day it's OFF!

I'm in for sure, date depending. Ideally avoid spring break which I believe is the last 2 weeks in March. There is a small chance the boat might be laid up if I can get the aluminum windshield frame to stainless frame project off the ground but we shall see.

If I'm in town I'll come eat chicken. Gotta know what dates you're thinking...

If I'm in town I'll come eat chicken. Gotta know what dates you're thinking...
I’m sure you have enough boats we could all go out on to turn it into a fundraiser/derby :) I see there’s a new pic in the avatar?

I’m sure you have enough boats we could all go out on to turn it into a fundraiser/derby :) I see there’s a new pic in the avatar?

LOL. That's a 34' Eaglecraft that was just built. It will be on display at the 2019 Vancouver Boat show to see up close.

Maybe the chicken feast should be timed around the same time as the Vancouver Boat Show Feb 6-10.... could get more people in town for dual purpose.

https://www.vancouverboatshow.ca

rain city. I would suggest to start a poll and get some real numbers for who and when. impossible to accommodate everyone but at least you could get some sense of who and when...
make it open so we could vote for all dates of interest.
tough go with boat show and family day approaching but with considerable numbers this may factor in favorably.

You may get better exposure in the salt water section of the forum also.

Back