SFBC Derby 2014

Less then an hour to go......

There are five entry's that the payment has not been completed.... Entered this evening.

I have emailed you and tried calling some of you.

Well I've now watched the clock roll past 12:01am June 1st..... Thank You for all the support. We actually exceeded my goal in entry's. You folks are all awesome.... Now get out and catch the big one :)

We exceeded my goal of 200 entry's..... :) Thank You to everyone that jumped into help me reach this goal.

The total number of entry's won't be known till all the postdated entry's come in.

Right now we have already raised over $5000 for Little River Enhancement Society. With the use of the grant LRES has in place our donation is equivalent to over $10,000 that they can use towards one of their ongoing lists of projects.

Something we can all be proud of.

Thanks Again,

Nicely done SFBC Members!

Great pics of some catches thus far!

Hey Owen...This came up yesterday...Is sockeye not allowed for entry..Reason being my little one doesn't have a fish entered yet...Not a big deal if not thought I would ask so we could at least get some fish entered for him...

He is younger (7) so some of the bigger springs are hard for him to handle...

Sorry sockeye was not included due that it was not known if we were to see an opening this year. All eligible fish are listed in the rules I'll find it and post it for you shortly.

On page one of this thread under rules.....

• Only 4 species of pacific salmon shall be entered (Chinook, Coho, Chum, and Pink)

The only verified fish at this point are under 23 pounds technically those are the winning fish right now as other have not sent me verification.

Please follow this information to enter a winner and make sure it is verified on the same day as being caught and entered within 7 days. http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?28022-Entering-Your-Catch

Remember if its not a derby winner you don't need to have it verified to be a hidden weight entry

Please complete entry for fish in this manner and send to sfbcderby2014@gmail.com
From May 1st 2014 till September 1st 2014 you may enter 5 Salmon

Fisherman’s Name…………………….
SFBC User Name………………………….
Date Caught……………………..
Location Caught…………………….
Weight of Entry………………..Quarter Pound Increments
Photo
*Weigh in Location…………………….
*Name of Business Verifying………………
*Location of Business Verifying………………….
*Name of Person Verifying …………………………..
*Business Phone Number…………………….
*Verified Weight of Entry……………………….
*Photo

All required info for a derby winner is marked with a (*) failure to have derby winner properly verified will disqualify your fish from winning top 3 prizes and awards, but will still be entered as hidden weight . The top three fish will be verified by organizers of the SFBC 2014 Salmon Derby prior wrap up party September 27 2014.

All right, i guess it's time to get serious about this. I could have been leading. Although I'm sure there are many that are saying the same thing. I need to win a new rod (see Nanoose/French Creek thread for more details) :)

• Possible derby winners (Large Fish) will have to verified and weighed in at a lodge, marina, fishing store or another derby the same day as being caught and be documented by the lodge, marina, store or derby hosts in writing as well as photos. It will be up to entrant to obtain verification.
  • Other entries will be verified by single photo. These fish are entered for hidden weight prizes, so verification is much easier.

As part of the SFBC 2014 Derby there is a raffle open to all members of SFBC, family and friends. This raffle is open to anyone. You do not have to be a SFBC member or a derby participant. 100% of the money raised from this raffle will be going directly to the 2014 SFBC derby recipient, Little River Enhancement Society. The draw will take place Sept. 27[SUP]th[/SUP] at the wrap up awards party in Nanaimo. This prize of an assortment of lead has been donated by a SFBC member CCB of TKCustom Tackle.

Attendance to the Wrap-Up Party is not necessary to win this package. Pickup location on the Island or Vancouver will be made available.

2-18lb Glow Cannonballs
2-15lb Glow Cannonballs
4-1lb Glow Balls
4-1.5lb Glow Balls
4-2lb Glow Balls
4-1.5lb Glow Dink Weights
4-12oz Coated Trap Line Weights
4-5lb Coated Trap Line Weights

Tickets for this raffle can be purchased online as well as at the wrap up party Sept.27

Tickets can be purchased in person before or during the event Sept. 27th or thru Pay Pal/Etransfer by sending payment to sfbcderby2014@gmail.com

Tickets are $2 each, 3 for $5, 7 for $10, and 15 for $20. There is no limit on ticket sales.

Once payment is received by online payment you will receive a reply via email with your lucky ticket numbers

Thanks for all your support making this derby a success,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back