Service for Merc Kicker

Red Monster

Does any one know of some good to service my 2-stroke, 9.9 Merc? I'm in Burnaby. Thanks

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Yup, M&P has always been more than fair with me. Pretty quick, too.

Okay, I may try M&P, although I'm always a bit leary of the cost issues of going with dealerships.

Thanks

Do it yourself. Change the plugs, grease it,also the bottom end oil. Your good for the season.

Do it yourself. Change the plugs, grease it,also the bottom end oil. Your good for the season.

I have been changing the leg oil, and I did replace the plugs, but it's not running well and it's hard to start. I'm told you're supposed to tune it up (adjust the carbs too) at 100 hours, but I've not done had it in for any service since I bought it four or five years ago. I guess time flies when your having fun. :D

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Okay, I may try M&P, although I'm always a bit leary of the cost issues of going with dealerships.

Thanks

I cant speak for boat repair industry, but in the automotive end of things, I have seen several and I mean several repair bills from small independant repair shops which have doubled the bills from the dealer...and then having to get it brought to a dealer and fixed properly by people that are trained on that particular product.

The only other problem I have had is a dirty gas filter or dirt in the low speedjet. If your not comfortable working on that take it to a tech. You are already doing all the basic tune up stuff.

I think I replaced the filter already. That's easy to check.

If you know the dealer rate, it's kinda steep. [B)] But what can you do?

Okay, it was the carb that was out of adjustment, as I suspected. Found a great outboard mechanic who rebuilt the carb for me (I've never got into rebuuilding carbs), and now the motor runs like a top! And it didn't cost an arm and leg. :D

Back