Sechelt Fishing

JDC

I grew up fishing the Sunshine Coast and have been away for 14 years. We are coming back mid August with my 14ft tin boat. Looking for some advice for fishing spots this time of year.

I dont want to get too far from shore in such a little boat. Sure wish I still had my old fishing boat. Im willing to travel to any end of the coast or head into porpoise bay. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure when the fish start staging outside chapman creek. Might be later than mid august

I grew up fishing the Sunshine Coast and have been away for 14 years. We are coming back mid August with my 14ft tin boat. Looking for some advice for fishing spots this time of year.

I dont want to get too far from shore in such a little boat. Sure wish I still had my old fishing boat. Im willing to travel to any end of the coast or head into porpoise bay. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
You can usually scare a salmon up between Trail Islands and Reception point. If your 14 is on a trailer, put in at the Selma launch & it's a two mile run to Trail Islands, if it's a car topper you could put in at Sargent Bay but you might have to drag it over some logs before hitting water but you can start fishing in the middle of the bay on your way outside. Just make sure to check the winds as it can blow up quickly. Another thing you could try is launching at Gibsons marina & heading out around to Gower Point. Salmon Rock is sometimes good in the middle of August. I wouldn't bother with Chapman Creek as the hatchery hasn't been releasing any fish of note for the last couple of years & the returns have been abysmal.

Back