Seaswirl Stripers

fytfire

So I noticed a few members are running stripers, I just wanted to see what models people have and what type of power your running. This is my second year with a 1999 2101 striper with a 2009 suzuki 175hp and a yamaha 9.9 high thrust kicker.

I have a 1999 2301 Striper with twin 115 Evinrudes. Love the boat but a bit more HP would be nice.

/Users/macowner/Desktop/Jpeg's/DSCN0193.JPG[img=left]

Alan, in 1999 the model is actually a 2300. They changed the model to the 2301 in 2001. Model number changed, but the hull is identical (still is).

I have a 1999 2300 hard top - 200 h.p. Evinrude and 8 h.p. Honda 4s high thrust kicker. I know I have about twice as many hours on the kicker as the main. I have all the electrical goodies, but the GPS is definitely 1999 technology. Probably time for an upgrade.

When I replace the main, I'll go with a 250 4s Yamaha. I too love the boat and have had it many miles off shore and in some semi-ugly conditions. Boat can take more than I can. ;)

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Everything you could want to know about Stripers here: www.seastriper.com -- one of the best boating websites around.

TenMile
<'((((><
Amen to that 10M. I am on the site every day. (Morfin). I used a new moniker because I had to get a new name for the 2nd boat. The jet boat is Finaddict, so the striper is Mor-Fin

I have a 2004 2101 WA with a 2004 Yamaha 150 and 2004 Yamaha 8 HT. The kicker is plenty big however a 200 hp main would be better. Not a bad boat, huge fuel tank but crappy seats!

SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hey all I have a 2000 2300 with the twin 115 Johnson motors. I manage 43 mph at wot but I am still learning the trim tabs so that may get better. Either way she moves pleanty fast for me.

I love everything about this boat so far. The way it looks rivals any sport fishing boat on the water

Like others I joined the spripers owners club and started my mods
Seats were a must but 100% happy now that I changed them out.

I liked my Double Eagle BUT I love my Striper!

boat-2.jpg

I have a 1990 210 Striper WA that I have owned since 1991. 3 years ago I replaced the original 150 Evinrude with a new 150 E-Tec. Last year I finally replaced the canvas. After 19 years I still like to do little mods. Its a great boat with high gunnals and the wife feels really safe in (big key factor).
BS

I have a 2006 2301 I/O named(It's a Keeper). Love the boat. The striper website is loaded with knowlege and geat boat modofications.

quote:Originally posted by fytfire

LOL we could almost host our own SFBC seaswirl rendezvous[8D]

The SOC site actually did a GTG at SaltSpring Island last year and there were about 12 boats that showed up. Mostly Americans interestingly. Tried to get another meeting together this summer (I was nominated as the host) but there weren't enough people interested.

TenMile
<'((((><

The SOC site actually did a GTG at SaltSpring Island last year and there were about 12 boats that showed up. Mostly Americans interestingly. Tried to get another meeting together this summer (I was nominated as the host) but there weren't enough people interested.

TenMile
<'((((><
maybe a WCVI fishing out of Toquart Bay "derby" would be of more interest to the Striper owners aroud this website. Lots of inside fishable waters for the under 20 footers and both south bank and big bank for the offshore crowd.

quote:Originally posted by finaddict

TenMile
<'((((><
maybe a WCVI fishing out of Toquart Bay "derby" would be of more interest to the Striper owners aroud this website. Lots of inside fishable waters for the under 20 footers and both south bank and big bank for the offshore crowd.

Will be there last 2 weeks of August!

TenMile
<'((((><

Back