Sears, horrible customer service!

persistent

So to make a long storey short our washing machine that is still under warranty has been broken since December 26. After weeks of sending the wrong parts, Sears eventually admitted that correct part probably doesnt exist, and they would give us a credit towards a new machine. Its now Feb 7th snd still without a working machine. Every number we call leads us to their call center that is based in the Phillipines!! The store manager is completely usless and has done nothing to help us.

Any ideas on how to get them to fufill the warranty?

Make up a sign saying ...We would like our machine repaired please we have waited over a month now....then take the machine and place it right in front of sears front door with the sign on it. That should drum up some service.

yes!! take the defective product right to the store.

Whats the make and model of the machine?

Its a kenmore front load washer, model 592-49032. The pump is siezed. The contractor that was working on this tried to order the part direct but had no luck. we have sent an email to ctv, not sure if they are interested in airing this storey. Worst customer service and will never buy anything from them again.

When you call the Customer Dis-service center you are entitled to speak to a Canadian, all you have to do is ask to be transfered to a Canadian call center. They have to keep a limited service in Canada. You may have to wait on hold for a while. Or ask for a Manager in Canada.

Post your problem to the Sears Canada site on Facebook. Our daughter in law was having problems with Cathay Pacific Airlines and posted the issue on their Facebook page. Took them about an hour to respond and the problem was resolved.

Hate say this but you are probably "Pooched" w Sears.
I went thru same thing 4 yrs ago when I bought 2 entire sets of appliances from Sears - Fridges, Freezers, stoves, dish, washers dryers - Everything - over 15K for a new house w a suite.

Sears could not supply all pieces at once, so main floor stuff got installed first, then suite 2 months later.
So...13 months after date on bill of sale, but 11 months after suite appliances installed - the washer leaks!
I go thru same nonsense as you..call store mgr, call regional mgr, call Canadian service mgr - Eventually get told " Its Fridgit-POS-aire that doesn't pay Sears on warranty issues ( maker of most Kenmore ) so Sears is out of pocket for too many goodwill gestures and now they are told by Head Office to pay nothing that Frigidaire wont cover.

Go Samsung go - I just hope I can learn Korean or Cantonese before the border is over-run by either Country trying to collect on the trade imbalance. PHFFT

Why not contact kenmore. Many warrantees ix-nay the middle man these days anyway.

My Kenmore fridge is the worst POS ever had... It broke last year a few weeks after we got it put in.... Same thing Sears customer service was pretty brutal..Took forever to get our fridge looked at...

I may be able to top your story: I bought a brand new lawnmower from Sears and a month after I bought it, the spring on the recoil for the starter rope broke. I called the service center and arranged to drop it off to be repaired; dropped it off and then nothing........ Finally called and they had no record of the mower being there, luckily I kept my receipt from them; but they still denied they had it. After a month of arguing, they admitted they must have lost it.

How do you lose a lawnmower? Then they wanted to reduce the credit they gave me because the mower was "used".

Needless to say, I have never set foot in Sears again and never will.

Sears is on a slippery slope into the oblivion. They have not kept up with the evolution of retailing. The stores depress me. If it wasn't for 'craftsman" tools, they would no have cause to exist for me.

My Kenmore fridge is the worst POS ever had... It broke last year a few weeks after we got it put in.... Same thing Sears customer service was pretty brutal..Took forever to get our fridge looked at...

I had the same thing happen; bought a new fridge and washer/dryer set a few years back; 3 weeks after Sears installed the fridge and set; fridge leaks all over our new floor; call sears; they send a teck out and he says he fix's it; two days later same thing happens; teck comes and says it is fixed again; a week later; same thing but this time they tell us it was installed wrong and a pipe was cracked and we would have to wait up to month for the parts to come in, what the frick, why didn't they order the part the first time the teck came. asked them to replace the fridge with a new one as they had delivered and installed and they said "NO" as it had been too long. Needless to say; we got our insurance company involved as our brand new floor was ruined; mold had started to grow in the dry wall paper and under the floor in the sheeting and the water had leaked into our basement while we were waiting for the part to arrive. Took almost a year for Sears to settle with the insurance company and to boot they had to pay our deductible. But I think they got the last laugh; our washer and dryer ran out of warranty about 2 years later; 2 days after this the computer board on the dryer goes; Sears wants to send a teck out; wouldn't let me order parts through them. If you have these Kenmore washer and dryers; and have the boards burn up; talk with a local electrical/electrician company that will deal with small circuit boards; I have found with both boards (washer/dryer) that they are repairable and any knowledgeable electrician can repair them 90% of the time. Usually it is the solder that has heated up and failed the circuit and just needs to be re-soldered.

I would not recommend Sears to anyone or their appliances; with having our insurance company involved; it was the only way we got it dealt with in a timely fashion as Sears or there head office didn't seem to give to ***** on what we had going on. Seems to take someone with some pull or power to get things done with them.

Sears is on a slippery slope into the oblivion. They have not kept up with the evolution of retailing. The stores depress me. If it wasn't for 'craftsman" tools, they would no have cause to exist for me.

Exactly. Wont be long till they are gone. There is a reason for the sub-par service, they need to cut costs to stay afloat. They are in a bad position right now. I'd be willing to bet on it they will not be around too much longer.

Ever been in Sears recently? Well I haven't. Last time I was it was dead!

Back