Seaqualizer

$59 straight off the seaqualizer website.

uhhhhh, plus a minimum of $19.14 shipping (up to $97.86 for expedited shipping) to Canada. And the website isn't even clear what currency is charged, although looking at the shipping options including USPS I'd venture a guess that the prices are in $USD?!

uhhhhh, plus a minimum of $19.14 shipping (up to $97.86 for expedited shipping) to Canada. And the website isn't even clear what currency is charged, although looking at the shipping options including USPS I'd venture a guess that the prices are in $USD?!
Yes its american pricing

I only paid $9 shipping because I live close to the border and have an american box.

They aren't the cheapest but it was the easiest way for me to get the one I wanted.

Are they required now or is it still okay to have other types of descending release Ts? I use. A 18 oz jig head with barb pinched and line tied to the curve of the hook. Lower and when you yank up it t leaves the fish where you lowered it to. Are these lethal. Work good for me and cheap.

that would work.. i believe u would need to have that rigged up and ready to go at all times... The seaqualizer is the and easiest to use and u can u your down rigger.... On another note this year.. I do have to say how disappointing I am with the lack of the use of the descending devices... the eagles are happy but man there is a pile of people who seem to not be bothering using them.. very sad indeed.. :(

that would work.. i believe u would need to have that rigged up and ready to go at all times... The seaqualizer is the and easiest to use and u can u your down rigger.... On another note this year.. I do have to say how disappointing I am with the lack of the use of the descending devices... the eagles are happy but man there is a pile of people who seem to not be bothering using them.. very sad indeed.. :(

From someone who has now been checked FIVE TIMES this year, i can tell you they were happy just seeing i had one on board. i was never told it needed to be rigged up, but maybe they are being a bit lenient for now based on this being a new ( overdue ) rule

we are being told it should be rigged if its not a seaqualizer .. if you are trolling and its not rigged up the chances of they fish surviving is little to none as you would have to rig it up then use it... seaquilizer snap on, half speed down to the depth auto up take off snap gear on and a way u go.... what i see its move about habits and some folks just don't want to take that 1 minute it takes to use it when u are trolling... u know they know they should be using because there looking around to see if anyone is watching lol.. they would be lenient first season ....

we are being told it should be rigged if its not a seaqualizer .. if you are trolling and its not rigged up the chances of they fish surviving is little to none as you would have to rig it up then use it... seaquilizer snap on, half speed down to the depth auto up take off snap gear on and a way u go.... what i see its move about habits and some folks just don't want to take that 1 minute it takes to use it when u are trolling... u know they know they should be using because there looking around to see if anyone is watching lol.. they would be lenient first season ....
Used multiple times this year and takes less then a minute to do ..... keep it on your bait table etc ready to go.... for the $60 it costs it will last and is such an easy thing to use and do. I’ve been checked this year on the water and they never asked about it but mine is more then visible and ready to go maybe that’s why they never mentioned it......

A comment on this unit if I may.... when jigging for Hali or Lignin Winter Harbour... I keep one down rigger with the ball hanging over the edge for quick descent.... but more importantly.... make sure to use a secondary method to attached the Seaquilizer to the cable... do not rely solely on the "clip" that they include... it locks on like a down rigger release clip... when defending a larger rockfish... it will pull the clip upwards... then when it hits the desired depth... the fish can pull it back down.. and this can release. Lost on 80 dollar seaquilizer last year this way.... now I use a lead with double snap swivel right the rigger ball... have not lost the second yet... they do work well however.. haven to been checked yet.... but I am sure my time will come.

ive also taken to doing a 2 step process - ie if the seaqualizer is set for 150', i use the rigger to drop it to 100' and then wait a couple minutes, then to 150. the reason is because one of the first times i used it i (obviously) dropped it down too quickly and on pulling it back up was all proud of myself to see the open seaqualizer and no fish - all good - until 30 seconds later when it came popping back up!? Luckily it was a calm day or i wouldn't have even noticed. Otherwise it's hard to know how "slow" down is slow enough.

Back