Seaport 2400 XL POD Conversion Project

for custom starboard doors, you would do well with Fin Addict Marine https://viscapeproductions.com/finaddict/ I replaced some plastic ones on my Pursuit and they look perfect, and are bullet proof.

I sure enjoy learning from your project and wish you the best. That 2400 xl is a sweet boat.

DAJ

Hey Guy's

I got started cleaning my tanks on the weekend. My fuel pick-ups are attached using these aluminium flange NPT adapters. They are about 2" OD and ID is 1/2" NPT. I have scoured the Internet looking for these things but can't find them anywhere. I am starting down the route of making new ones, but I though maybe somebody out there knows where to get them. The new ones will be made of 316 Stainless as you can tell the aluminum is not looking so hot.

33e078L.jpg

Hi Guy's

So I am starting to plan for putting the fuel tanks back in and have been thinking about how the fuel system will work with twin engines and twin fuel tanks. Here is my system diagram:
Emjn4p8.jpg

With this system I should be able to do the following:
1) Run Each Engine from its own tank (Primary Running Mode)
2) Run Both Engines from tank 1
3) Run Both Engines From tank 2
4) Select if kicker is running from Tank 1 or 2

Does that make sense anything else you would add?

Another option is to add a filter bypass so both engines can run from one filter. But I not sure that is necessary what do you guys think?

Why not just run both tanks to one filter and then just a common fuel rail that all motors run off, as long as you have spare filters and all motors are getting proper fuel pressure wouldn't that be easier? Not sure why you would have to run each engine from it's own tank. You could still could run both engines from one tank, as long as the tanks have a shutoff.

You might want to put a shut-off to the kicker off of the common fuel rail so that the 2 mains don't suck the fuel out of the kicker. I also think the anti siphon would go on the other side of the shutoff

I was also wondering if any of you tuna guys run with fuel bladders? If so do you have a connection in you fuel system where you can tie it in and run a fuel line between the bladder and the filters? Or are you transferring fuel from the bladder to the tanks?

would it be legal to have an extra port for connection a fuel bladder?

Back