Seaport 24

Seasports are really well built,but that doesn't mean they don't rot,check transom and stringers .Not an owner,but would like to be,especially with outboard power.

I have an 2007 24xl. I absolutely love the boat and have not had any major issues but I did buy it new and it had always lived in a shop. Only items I have had are small ones like my wiper motors going out but not a huge deal.

What year is the boat you are getting and is it I/O or outboard? I have a Yami 250 and if I am really loaded down it makes me want a 300. Normal trips I cruise at 26 knots burning 11 gph.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I love my seasport. Took out the 5.7 Volvo and went pod and outboard. Cant really think of anything I don't like about it.

I have an 2007 24xl. I absolutely love the boat and have not had any major issues but I did buy it new and it had always lived in a shop. Only items I have had are small ones like my wiper motors going out but not a huge deal.

What year is the boat you are getting and is it I/O or outboard? I have a Yami 250 and if I am really loaded down it makes me want a 300. Normal trips I cruise at 26 knots burning 11 gph.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Interested about your cruising speed and fuel consumption. I also have a 2007 24xl that came with a 350hp yami, it cruises at about 4000rpm, 21mph, and 16 gph loaded. I'm wondering if the its prop'd correctly as it looks like your getting more a lot better mpg.

Can any other seasport owners comment on their cruising stats?

And PartyMarty, in my opinion the boat is about as ideal as it gets for fishing and multi day trips.

Running solo with full fuel from Poet Nook back to Haggard cove. With 4 guys and supplies numbers more like saanauk posted above.

Interested about your cruising speed and fuel consumption. I also have a 2007 24xl that came with a 350hp yami, it cruises at about 4000rpm, 21mph, and 16 gph loaded. I'm wondering if the its prop'd correctly as it looks like your getting more a lot better mpg.

And PartyMarty, in my opinion the boat is about as ideal as it gets for fishing and multi day trips.
Something seems weird with your numbers. How loaded is loaded? When I have 3 160 quart coolers 1 96 quart cooler of ice, three guys, and all of our crap to for a week long self contained central coast trip I am only burning 15 to 16 gph. That is the extreme end of the loaded spectrum for me.

I would have to double check but I thing my prop is a 15 inch diameter by 17 pitch. Normally running 4500-4600 rpms.

21 mph seems really really slow. Your boat should haul.

Not that loaded haha, just full fuel and water tanks, 3 guys, and fishing gear. This is the first season with the boat, i'll have to check the prop. It does seem a bit stern heavy, a little slow out of the hole, and I need the trim tabs down while cruising at 4000rpm/21mph in order to keep the bow down and on plane.

Fishies, I would definitely look at both your prop and what mounting hole your Yamaha is at, and confirm with Seasport factory what their recommendation is. Although I don't have a Seasport, I have a heavy 24' Pursuit with an F250 and switched to a 4-blade which yielding a) stern lift when under power, b) better hold in turns, c) higher cruise speed with same RPM, and d) planes at lower RPM, which is excellent when offshore. Only negative is I typically don't every trim motor with " bow down" because stern lift is so favorable, you can get unwanted "bow steer" in bigger waves.

Although I have a nice boat too, that 2400XL is really sweet.
DAJ

I have a 22 Seasport with a 200 Yami 2 stoke. At 4200 rpm I'm between 28-29 mph depending on load weight and sea conditions. I changed my prop from the 17 inch pitch to a 15 inch. There was no drop in cruising speeds at same rpms..but way more jump out of the hole...not that it was bad before. I often carry 5 guys including myself with la full tank of fuel, so just wanted a lower geared prop to take some strain off the motor. I burn 10 gph at cruise.

Well Now that I have paid for the boat I post what I bought. The boat is 2400XL built in 2000. It has a diesel inboard at the moment. The plan is to run the Diesel for a while then pod it over to twin 150's. Was out on Sea trial yesterday, I am so impressed the ride is awesome. Can't wait to bring her home on Saturday.

Out of curiosity why are you going to pod her? Beautiful boat by the way!

Congrats,, nice looking ride, I love the looks of the Seasports awesome boats.

Well Now that I have paid for the boat I post what I bought. The boat is 2400XL built in 2000. It has a diesel inboard at the moment. The plan is to run the Diesel for a while then pod it over to twin 150's. Was out on Sea trial yesterday, I am so impressed the ride is awesome. Can't wait to bring her home on Saturday.

what engine you got in there?
I just got a 1998 24' explorer with a AD41p-a.
Kinda curious what speeds you running at and how much fuel you seem to be burning

ok thanks.
I've just spent last weekend getting to know mine. 1998 24 explorer with volvo AD41p-a diesel.
I've been running at 3200rpm with seems to keep it moving at around 15-16knts. I figured this might be kinda on the slow side from what I've read others are experiencing.

Your guys
I have a Volvo Kad 43, to be honest I haven’t had her on the water yet. During the sea trial the previous owner said to run at 2700 rpm which translated into 17knots which he believed to be the most fuel efficient at around 12gal/hr fuel burn

2700 is too low. Should be round 3000 to 3200. Diesel’s want to be run hard.
My 2700 Navigator did 22 knots at 3200 rpm burning 5 imperial gallons per hour.
The KAD is more horsepower so won’t get quite as good fuel burn. Maybe 7 or 8 gph.

Back