Seabeam Lodge

Islander57

I have a cabin booked at Seabeam from Aug. 24 - Aug 27. I've never been there. Anything I should know about? I'm hoping the fishing is prime at the time I have booked. If anyone else is going to be there at the same time, let me know. I'd like to meet up with a few members from here.

pretty much prime time for Bammy. you won’t have to venture far from the beam to get into fish either. harbour mouth/ down to brady’s beach is my favorite area to fish. actually that entire shoreline to cap beale is good

Going there a bit earlier and maybe back for a second go around this time. I'll send a note if so. Agree with FD, there were a few dudes who seemed to be a bit pushy around the dock, ie not very helpful in a tight situation. This was mid Aug so later maybe mellowed out a tad. Had a bit of a laugh one day, coming in had a larger boat come up behind very quickly, pretty close to the dock. Obvious his intention was to overtake me (in my 16ft tinny) and grab dock space before me. Just as he was going by me the police RIB pulls up behind him. Cops went through the whole routine while I cleaned my fish, safety gear, paper work etc. Got ticketed and a bit of public shaming as it was major entertainment for the rest of us. Good people generally at 'The Beam'.

You have booked in the prime time for sure. I was there end of July and mid August and the August dates was better fishing. I will be there again August 12th to 16th ... It is kind of funny all the ego's that show up in their fancy boats. I'm sad i missed the all the excitement. I would have enjoyed my bag of popcorn watching the clown show.

i will be around.. shoot me a pm then..

Back