Sea Sport or "Similar" boat wanted

Redfisher

Wanted-Sea Sport, Orca, or Osprey “type” fiberglass boat. Looking for a 24’-27' boat with full cabin and inboard power. OK with a boat requiring some degree of mechanical repairs but must be structurally sound. Not looking at close to new ones as they are above my budget. Please email some pictures, details of the boat and an offering price. This is a outright purchase, (cash ) not asking to trade anything. I might possibly be interested in other boat styles as well, as long as there is a full cabin with sleeping capacity. Very little on Craigslist or Yacht World hence this approach to owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Island Marine Centre on Lopez Island usually has some for sale

you just missed out on a 27' seasport
1992 model went for 20K or less it needed a leg rebuild
but looked OK
that was on Craigslist just a couple of weeks ago
it was on the sunshine coast
i would have been tempted but to long for my slip and there was no trailer

you just missed out on a 27' seasport
1992 model went for 20K or less it needed a leg rebuild
but looked OK
that was on Craigslist just a couple of weeks ago
it was on the sunshine coast
i would have been tempted but to long for my slip and there was no trailer

sounds like that would have been a smokin deal...

That one on the Sunshine Coast did look tempting, I was wondering what was wrong with it

I HAD 2004- 24 osprey. Great fit and finish BUT they come with an shock absorber seat for a reason! Fuel tanks are a problem indeed and decks are solid surface without panels to pull off so you have to do major surgery! The tank problem was because they had copper lines on top of the aluminum tanks. Boat ride was good on the troll and great on hook. REAL WET in the slop. I changed up to 24 seasport, could not afford the Skagit Orca 27 and the 24 skagit were impossible to find. Having said that, I'm smitten with an Ospery 30 diesel in New York!

I have a friend who has the 26 foot Osprey with the same cabin as this. His is diesel powered (Volvo 41A 200hp) and it is a pretty good boat. Yes they do pound a bit but I have run offshore in 25 SE with it and it throws its water fine and the ride is bearable. This smaller cabin layout is not great for any more than 2 people. I am still looking for a bit more room so I would want one with a long cabin. The Explorers and Navigators both have cabin room that is reasonable and a washroom for the other half. Price seems fair for this boat, there are a few up in Alaska priced lower but this has low hours and is clean etc. All boats have some issues but certain years are worse than others. Look at each year with a fresh lens. Of course if money was no object I would be ordering a new Commander 2800.

If money was no object is would be a 31 or 33 Ocean Sport! Seasports on steriods!

Back