Sea Sport Explorers

Redfisher

Giving thought to purchasing an older 24' Explorer diesel but would really like to talk to a few current Explorer owners beforehand. Any members own one of these? PM me to arrange a chat if that works for you. Thanks Steve

Save your money and buy an XL. I own a 2008 factory custom build, table was deleted for 2 forward facing seats and jump seats behind them. No stand up head and my first ever porta-craper, not as bad as I thought. I can tell you the front bunks are too short to comfortably sleep 2 people, I stay at flea bag motel when in Bamfield. You will like the XL bigger back deck. I looked at diesel and settled on the 5.0 litre, burns 10 GPH at 23MPH, PLUS waaaaay cheaper on the repairs. Make sure you get the stern steering station, I just installed one and it was expensive . If ya wanna go for a ride or just have a look over, give me PM. Boat is located in Victoria harbour water.

I'm in Errington if you want to come see mine. Gas not diesel. I love it.

Giving thought to purchasing an older 24' Explorer diesel but would really like to talk to a few current Explorer owners beforehand. Any members own one of these? PM me to arrange a chat if that works for you. Thanks Steve

Hi Barrie

I have looked at the XL's and echo your thoughts abut the back deck but in order to involve my wife a bit in the boating world a washroom is required. I like a diesel and will go with an older boat to have one and still stay within my price range. Yes need 2nd rear steering station and want good electronics but the nice thing with Sea Sport hulls is that they are pretty bulletproof so age is not a major factor. Spoke with tains tonight and will get over to look at his. In the meantime just starting to look at boats online (most are in Washington State of course) but want to have something set up before the new year.

They were insured and the molds were not destroyed. They are looking for another place to build. They will be down for awhile but not forever.

Redfisher,

You can't go wrong with seasport that's for sure! Stand up head is really a nice feature, that's for sure!! The Explorers do look bigger in the water!! I'm sure tains will tell ya they are tender little suckers and you gotta be on the tabs, BUT the ride is sweet! I had a Bertam 31 for 8 years and the Seasport rides almost as smooth! IMO, It's the best money you can spend on a boat and the best resale value out there!

If you need to borrow a trailer to get one home, just give me a call! I got one you can use!

barrie with the blue Bertram;Oak Bay guide?

Back in the day sammyslabber. Hopefully I didn't do ya wrong! Sold the boat years ago to Codfather up in Port Hardy.

not sure what type of diesel it might have but i wouldn't hesitate with the diesel if it's in descent shape. I just spent a week out at nootka, was out every day and burned 168L of fuel. (with twin diesels) I probably would have burned that in gas on my last boat in about 2 days....

Hey Steve, PM me if you want some more information. Just recently got a 2700 Navigator with Volvo Diesel and love it.
Have learned a lot about the boat and engine as I rigged it up. This is my first diesel and don't think I would go back to gas unless just day fishing. If you want to do any cruising or exploring diesel is the way to go.
I cruise at 25mph and burn only 4.5 to 5gph. Plus the diesel just hums. They can be expensive to repair though. Parts prices are crazy. So you need to do your maintenance and look after it.
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_9792 (Large).jpg
    IMG_9792 (Large).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 541
Sir Reel,

I wouldn't mind having a look at your 27! I've got a 2008 24 XL and I'm thinking of moving back up to a bigger big! Matter of fact I was surfing seasport 27& 28's last night! Lol

Barrie

PM sent PS Nice Boat...very nice.

Hey Steve, PM me if you want some more information. Just recently got a 2700 Navigator with Volvo Diesel and love it.
Have learned a lot about the boat and engine as I rigged it up. This is my first diesel and don't think I would go back to gas unless just day fishing. If you want to do any cruising or exploring diesel is the way to go.
I cruise at 25mph and burn only 4.5 to 5gph. Plus the diesel just hums. They can be expensive to repair though. Parts prices are crazy. So you need to do your maintenance and look after it.
Dave

Sir Reel,

I wouldn't mind having a look at your 27! I've got a 2008 24 XL and I'm thinking of moving back up to a bigger big! Matter of fact I was surfing seasport 27& 28's last night! Lol

Barrie
Hey Barrie,

I am in the Okanagan but can send you some more pictures if you like. I have learned a fair bit about them so PM me if you want more info

SS Owners... Anything you don't like about your sea sports?

(I think that's probably a better question to ask versus whats GOOD about them!)

I've always liked the seasports. If i was going fibreglass, that brand would be awfully hard to beat. great boats!

Back