sea lion shot in the head

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing wrong with a harvest. I dont find anything wrong with bear bangers either. But to kill and leave as waste.. I think thats an issue.

Go under water and set off a bear banger and then come back and say there is nothing wrong with it you will have no ear drums left and your eyeballs might come out of your head but that's ok because you can still just go to a grocery store to get food instead of hunting for your survival.

Go under water and set off a bear banger and then come back and say there is nothing wrong with it you will have no ear drums left and your eyeballs might come out of your head but that's ok because you can still just go to a grocery store to get food instead of hunting for your survival.

So a new member to this forum is an expert on Seal Bomb explosions and has the following observation;
"you will have no ear drums left and your eyeballs might come out of your head"
The rest of his post talks about hunting for survival.
Steeler, you can hardly call a sea lion stealing herring from a herring seine or a seal taking a salmon from the side of a sports fishers boat "hunting"
I would liken it to stealing from the grocery store.

Sea lions are having their food stolen by us what do you think they do the rest of the year when nets aren't in there home fishing for their sustenance. New member doesn't mean **** I have spent my whole life on the water just haven't spent as much time on the computer as you I guess that means I know nothing about fishing.

Sea lions are having their food stolen by us what do you think they do the rest of the year when nets aren't in there home fishing for their sustenance. New member doesn't mean **** I have spent my whole life on the water just haven't spent as much time on the computer as you I guess that means I know nothing about fishing.

Just curios what are us humans allowed to eat?

It just means you know nothing about Seal Bombs and the lasting effect they have on Sea Lions.
They are not "Bear Bangers" as you refer to them and pity the bears when one of those go off...eh

last I checked humans have many options for food seals and sea lions have one option. Poor us we cant eat salmon for awhile im sure we will all starve. Bears aren't under water where sound is amplified beyond what it is above the water, pity the seals for having to share the ocean with humans.

last I checked humans have many options for food seals and sea lions have one option. Poor us we cant eat salmon for awhile im sure we will all starve. Bears aren't under water where sound is amplified beyond what it is above the water, pity the seals for having to share the ocean with humans.

can we eat herring? can we eat herring eggs? can we eat seals and sea lions? can we eat farmed salmon?

Hey steeler,

Keep it up there are many people watching this thread that choose not to comment including myself. As a scuba diver I sure as heck would not want one of those things going off within a hundred yards of me. Hornby Island being a popular place for snorkeling tours and divers...

Any ways, humans are evil leave nature alone to fix itself. Being cruel to animals is not cool! Enjoy your starfish soup, it'll happen in my lifetime!

Last edited:
I’ve got a friend that runs tugs and log booms up and down the island. his log booms are covered in seals and sea lions. he literally taxis seals up and down the coast and they jump off at river mouths to gorge on salmon smolts then they haul their fat bodies back onto the same boom to get delivered to the next river mouth.
Apparently the trick is to shoot them thru the lungs so they fill with water and sink, becoming crab and prawn food. Not that i recommend such behaviour.....

It would be nice if some set of market could be established. I doubt our pallets could handle seal meat, but i bet they can be turned into pet food or fish farm pellets. the irony!

Lots of new member GREEN-SPEAK on this website lately. Nothing wrong with reducing personal foot prints, however I'm feeling like there are a few agenda pushers weighing in lately.
I'm only a new member because I changed my name from Slayr to Reefy. For obvious reasons...

I've hunted and fished the West Coast since 2009. Took a lot of willpower to change my diet. I've cut out 90% of meat and Dairy and don't hunt or fish anymore. I can't say I'm happy about that or it was an easy decision.

Anyways the only side I'm on is not being cruel to animals

I'm only a new member because I changed my name from Slayr to Reefy. For obvious reasons...

I've hunted and fished the West Coast since 2009. Took a lot of willpower to change my diet. I've cut out 90% of meat and Dairy and don't hunt or fish anymore. I can't say I'm happy about that or it was an easy decision.

It doesn't matter to me what you choose. Nor should it matter to you what I choose. Lawful choice - this is all that matters.

No one knows what events happened around this animal. All we have are assumptions and rhetoric verbiage. Yes, it's dead from a shot to the head...why? Only the shooter knows. Yes it is a wasteful tragedy, especially if intended in a harmful manner. We may never know the real story.

So out of curiosity, if you no longer fish,what brings you to a public fishery site? Surely there is a “Vegans r us” site. Just curious I guess because I’ve never felt the need to go to a vegan site for instance and tell them they are wrong for eating veggies.

So out of curiosity, if you no longer fish,what brings you to a public fishery site? Surely there is a “Vegans r us” site. Just curious I guess because I’ve never felt the need to go to a vegan site for instance and tell them they are wrong for eating veggies.
Honestly I still come here because it's a wealth of information from people who I consider intelligent. Anything motor or boat related.

Fisherman and conservationists should have the same goals in-mind, I would hope.

You're right it doesn't matter who I am or what you are and I'm not asking anyone to do anything differently except please don't abuse animals.

Just because I choose not to fish does it mean I can't still be interested in fishing?

I also watch here for whale sightings.

I meant no offense to you or anyone here I know that some of the best and hardest-working conservationists are Fisherman.

Good luck on whatever you choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back