Scotty swivel base stopped working

saanauk

Hey I have a scotty swivel base that I can’t depress the little tab and get to swivel anymore. I see there are 4 screws on the underside. Am I able to take those out and get to the inner part of the base? Just unsure and don’t want to take those screws out and have a mess. Never opened up a scotty swivel base before. Maybe not a bid deal and I am just being paranoid.

Yeah, you can definitely open them up. If you are in Victoria maybe take it off and drop it of at Scotty, but it was relatively painless to do it myself if I remember correctly.. I took one apart when it wouldn't stay locked, turned out the limit tabs(my name for them) were busted inside. Scotty fixed me up with a replacement part.

Yeah, you can definitely open them up. If you are in Victoria maybe take it off and drop it of at Scotty, but it was relatively painless to do it myself if I remember correctly.. I took one apart when it wouldn't stay locked, turned out the limit tabs(my name for them) were busted inside. Scotty fixed me up with a replacement part.
x2

Took mine apart that had the same issue as yours. Very easy. Scotty shipped and replaced part asap. Outstanding service as usual.

Had the same problem. Tab got sticky and then eventually broke. Took it apart and phoned Scotty to order replacement part. They sent it out the same day with no charge and actually sent me an extra one just in case it happened again. Lubed it up before putting back together and haven't had a problem since. Great service from Scotty!!

I have opened up a few 'sticky' bases in my day working a various lodges.
There are a series of holes around which the pin locks into.
Most times the holes have been damaged or stripped by bottom contact. Sometimes the spring is pooched.
You may be able to just re-set the base a quarter/half turn will get you into fresh a set of holes.
Not a big deal to tear the thing apart. GL

Thanks for the replies. Took it apart and nothing seemed obviously wrong except the pin didn’t want to slide through the bottom hole smoothly. Couple whacks with the rubber mallet and the pin was sliding smoothly again. Not sure if the bottom hole got elongated from a few times getting hung up on the bottom pretty good or what. Working smoothly again.

After taking the base apart it was amazing how simple the base is, quite the engineering into it, and the amount of R&D that must have gone into them.

Back