Scotty 2106 HD Braid on sale at Steveston Hardware Online.

They went on sale for $500 at cabelas one time but I believe they made a mistake on that sale. That’s below cost

I am looking for two, should I take the plunge, or possibly wait for better pricing?

Stupid question, what’s the difference with the one at Cabela’s for 749.00?

Steveston is braided, is that extra?

9A7B37E1-57EA-4420-B50E-A174D74595C2.png

Stupid question, what’s the difference with the one at Cabela’s for 749.00?

Steveston is braided, is that extra?

View attachment 48120
Braid is definitely extra.
The 2106B is actually the same cost at Cabela's. Robert, I'd suggest waiting for it to go on sale at Cabela's because it will be easier for you to get, being in Alberta. I doubt that it will go on sale for $500 like it did a couple years ago but probably could get it for less than $700

The 2106B is actually the same cost at Cabela's. Robert, I'd suggest waiting for it to go on sale at Cabela's because it will be easier for you to get, being in Alberta. I doubt that it will go on sale for $500 like it did a couple years ago but probably could get it for less than $700

Thank you, I know nothing about these other than the fact, there are different grades/levels/quality and I need two:) haha

Thank you, I know nothing about these other than the fact, there are different grades/levels/quality and I need two:) haha
The differences are boom length, motors (reg or high performance), amount of rod holders, and digital vs. Analog counters. Not really any huge differences and they all work to get your lines down

I bought the 2106B (braid) at the edmonton boat and sportsman show for $649 each, plus scotty reps were there and got two free scotty bags.

I bought 2 x 2106B’s from Highwater tackle in North Van. They matched the online sale price I found and they are a Scotty service center.
I will say I was really disappointed with the Scotty braid it came with. Lots of blow back. It’s quite thick.
I changed it up to Power Pro as most suggested on this forum and its way better. So might be worth getting the stainless for less money and either use that or upgrade to the Power Pro.
All,that stuff is on sale at the Vancouver boat show if you can wait. Most everybody matches prices so pick who you want to deal with.

I bought 2 x 2106B’s from Highwater tackle in North Van. They matched the online sale price I found and they are a Scotty service center.
I will say I was really disappointed with the Scotty braid it came with. Lots of blow back. It’s quite thick.
I changed it up to Power Pro as most suggested on this forum and its way better. So might be worth getting the stainless for less money and either use that or upgrade to the Power Pro.
All,that stuff is on sale at the Vancouver boat show if you can wait. Most everybody matches prices so pick who you want to deal with.
Same here. I also didn't like that it only came with 200'. I went power pro and added much more for "mishaps"

What weight of Power pro do you run? 150 pound?
Also is it much trouble to switch over?
Don't have a local shop to handle the change.

200lb seems to be best.
Easy with 2 people, one holds the roll of braid
the other hits the auto up and guides the braid
onto the spool so it doesn't bunch up.
Best to be under some tension.

What weight of Power pro do you run? 150 pound?
Also is it much trouble to switch over?
Don't have a local shop to handle the change.
I got 200. I zap strapped the spool to a rail then let her rip on auto. I didn't bother trying to keep tension though. I just threw an 18lb ball on after and sent it all the way down and brought back up. Easy peasy.

Back