Science of fishing

thiagobazzi

Hey everyone!

First, I'd like to introduce myself, as I'm new to this forum. My name is Thiago, I'm from Brazil and have been in Canada for almost 2 years now. I'm a student of Technical Apparel at Kwantlen, in Richmond, and we are conducting a research on fly fishing. For this, I need to talk to fly fishing enthusiasts, experts, amateurs, hobbyists... It doesn't matter your skill level, you're welcome to join.

If anyone here wants to know more about the study and talk to me a little bit about fly fishing just say that you're interested here and I'll contact you.

Thanks in advance!

Mostly salty guys on this forum. I used to do a lot of fly fishing 20 years ago, but now I mostly fish the chuck. Good luck with your project.

Thanks. I'm also posting this on other forums, but just thought that maybe someone here might be interested. We're researching the dynamics of the casting movement. Cool stuff =)

It is interesting, it takes a fair bit of skill to fly cast well. I was OK casting smaller flies, but never very good with larger patterns. It takes lots of practice to get really good. Never had enough spare time when I was younger to really master the art of fly casting. I haven't cast a fly in years, although I do troll them still. I would probably be in danger of putting an eye out if I gave it a go now.

Good luck again, it sounds like a very worthwhile project.

Back