Sangster or Sangstercraft are they one in the same?

EZZ70

This looks interesting :) Anyone know anything about this model of Sangster? Are these boats any good... are they well made, is the hull a deep V ? The little I can find out, they were made on the coast of BC as well back in the 60's and 70's then the company sold in the late 70's early 80's.

$_59.JPG

$_59-1.JPG

$_59-2.JPG

I had a 18' Sangstercraft for many years, and really enjoyed it. I fished all over the west coast of Van Isle with it, as well as the Strait. It handled more weather than I probably should have thrown it into, but the boat never let me down.

The mercruiser inboard on the other hand let me down very very often. I brought a complete tool kit with me everywhere I went.

Not sure if Sangster and Sangstercraft are the same, but mine said Sangstercraft. the cursive S looked like a G so we often called it the Gangstercraft :)

Yes they are the same company. West coast built. Heavily fiberglassed. But older and expect to find water in them. and I currently have a 22 sangster. I really like it... ending up doing new transom and pod after doing some leg work on the vintage leg and noticed the leg wasnt sealed right.
That 26 would be nice for boating to destination sound and the san Juans

I had a 18' Sangstercraft for many years, and really enjoyed it. I fished all over the west coast of Van Isle with it, as well as the Strait. It handled more weather than I probably should have thrown it into, but the boat never let me down.

The mercruiser inboard on the other hand let me down very very often. I brought a complete tool kit with me everywhere I went.

Not sure if Sangster and Sangstercraft are the same, but mine said Sangstercraft. the cursive S looked like a G so we often called it the Gangstercraft :)
Had the same Sangstercraft 18' boat for many years and did enjoy it as well. Heavy, good looking boat boat for sure and with a 3 litre mecruiser definitely a dud. Transom went soft and the stringers were saturated so sold the boat as is.
I understand the Sangstercraft was prone to this but if I had kept it in today's world it would have been a great candidate for a pod. The above 26' would be perfect if willing to fork out the $$$$.

Back