Salmon Recipes?

cohochinook

I have few different salmon recipes that I like to do on the BBQ. Was hoping to hear few new ones from some Forum members?

Here's mine:

Ingredients
-Salmon fillet or cut into fillet pieces about 3 inches thick
-1/3 cup maple syrup
-2 table spoons soya sauce
-2 or 3 cloves of crushed garlic
-2 table spoons of grated ginger

Mix the ingredients together and allow it to marinate with the salmon in a tupperware or ziplock for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge in advance of cooking.

Get the BBQ good and hot. Place salmon on the BBQ meat side down and cook for 2 to 3 mins. Flip the salmon on the skin side and lower the BBQ down to medium-low temperature. Cook for about 10 mins/inch. You can dribble left over marinade on the salmon after you flip it, if you want some extra flavour.

similar flavour to this:
Heat 2-3 tbsp butter, 2-3 tbsp soya, 2 tbsp brown sugar plus grated ginger, crushed garlic and red chili flakes on the side burner or stove.
Start skin side down and then spoon on sauce. Turn heat very high and flip onto an unused part of grill for a fast grill mark/sear of the sugar/butter/flesh side. Best with coho/sockeye/pink. Some springs might be too thick and fatty to need/use butter plus the drips can cause grey smoke which is nfg.

For big springs try cutting steaks on a diagonal in the same direction as the ribs.
No sauce just salt and pepper and its own flavour.

Last edited:
don't laugh. This is the best summer recipe I have ever had with salmon. Just have to find good watermelon. I dare you to try it!RECIPE.jpeg RECIPE+.jpeg RECIPE.jpeg RECIPE+.jpeg RECIPE.jpeg RECIPE+.jpeg

Attachments

• RECIPE.jpeg
    RECIPE.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 25
Lots of interesting recipes but I have never cooked a piece of fish more than 8 minutes, tops.

Back