Salmon Head Tag Info

Got the info in the mail yesterday for one of the chinook heads we sent in from the WCVI this year. The fish was from the Kalama Falls Hatchery in Washington State. Sorta confirms what everybody knows about where most of this years bumper crop of fish originated. The fish was from the 2005 brood year when they tagged 91,240 fish. Glad this guy made it to 42lbs before running into us.:D Kudos to our "Merican cousins for a job well done bumping up their numbers. Hope everyone sent in their hatchery heads this year. Would be interesting to hear where some of those fish were coming from.

I just recieved the info from four heads I sent in from the nanaimo area in may. All four said no tag but I am thinking they were american fish also.

Talked to a friend today, he said he got a letter about one of the heads he sent in that he caught in Nanaimo in May. There was no pin, so just have to guess on that one. The letter I got states that fewer than 1 in 3 chinook & 1 in 11 coho actually have the coded wire tags in them. That is why it is so important to send in every hatchery head. Hope every one is doing it & can't wait to hear some other results.

Found a forgotten coho head in my freezer yesterday. Anyone have the address where I can mail it's nose to?

If you live in Victoria, tubber, you can just drop it off at Island Outfitters

Hey Dave-- can you give me some more info on the Gillard Pass fish.. I would love to pass it along to the guys that have worked so hard at Stewart island to make it work.

Cheers
bryan

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back