Salmon farm eviction notice delivered by First Nation Leaders!

Whole in the Water

I say more power to them! Get these unsustainable, disease and pollution spreading, net pens out of the water and onto land where their negative impacts can be better managed. If citizens keep the pressure up this will happen!!!

The Musgamagw Dzawada’enuxw First Nations are a group of 4 Tribes. One third of the BC salmon farming exists in their territory (Broughton Archipelago) despite nearly 30 years of opposition. The salmon farming industry does not have permission to operate in Musgamagw Dzawada'enuxw territory.

Last spring up to 40% of the young salmon leaving their territory were killed by sea lice from Cermaq and Marine Harvest salmon farms. Today they are evicting the Norwegian/Japanese salmon farming industry from their territory.

This video below is going viral on facebook, 37,000 views in less than 24 hours

So why has this NOT hit all the news channels .......? Humm?

I firmly believe that the Fed gov along with the Prov. Gov. Couldn't give a dam about our wild fish and don't care it's near collapse, why would they when they are collecting big $$$ with the sale of the farmed junk fish.

IMO I hope the pens get pulled . In reality ...... I bet it doesn't happen for a few reasons. I hope I'm wrong.

Get them Wild Fish Killers off our shorelines!

Last edited:
Did you see the state of those fish in the so called "Mort totes". Discusting. Wonder where they end up dumping that.

So why has this NOT hit all the news channels .......? Humm?

I firmly believe that the Fed gov along with the Prov. Gov. Couldn't give a dam about our wild fish and don't care it's near collapse, why would they when they are collecting big $$$ with the sale of the farmed junk fish.

IMO I hope the pens get pulled . In reality ...... I bet it doesn't happen for a few reasons. I hope I'm wrong.

Get them Wild Fish Killers off our shorelines!
I don't even think the governments are collecting big $$$ but they enjoy the contributions to their polital parties and the taxpayer actually subsidises this whole mess.

I don't even think the governments are collecting big $$$ but they enjoy the contributions to their polital parties and the taxpayer actually subsidises this whole mess.

this is very much it! political contributions and allows them to spend our money in subsidies. gives them a way to share our taxpayer dollars amongst themselves....
these disease laden, toxic chemical, effluent and sea lice factories need to be moved on land and out of our wild salmon migration routes.

Last edited:
So Our New PM is really Really with the FN ...... We will see, I bet he folds on behalf of of the farms or pays out So we can pay even more tax dollars later.

How Pathetic the management of our Wild Fish past and present. Get them Farms ON LAND!

Oh oh. Now we get to hear a never ending litany of how there's no proof fish farms are dangerous or how they don't polite the ocean floor cuz the **** magically disappears. Not to mention the argument that sea lice don't affect the out going salmon fry.

Did you see the state of those fish in the so called "Mort totes". Discusting. Wonder where they end up dumping that.
How much do you know about those fish in those totes? As for dumping, have you ever seen a repitch pile of salmon carcasses on the riverbank or a pool in a salmon spawning stream with salmon carcasses at the bottom? What do think happens to those carcasses and what do you think is creeping in them? I admit that maggots are gross, but how do you think they get in those carcasses?

Although the video was intended to show this First Nations opposition to fish farms in their traditional territory without their consent the piece about these fish in these totes is filled with misinformation and highly dramatic meant to incite fear amongst First Nations, but does little to actually inform them or the general public. Identifying these as wild salmon from bones in a tote with rotting fish is laughable - not much else to say. Whether you agree or disagree with salmon farming in BC I find it hard to defend this Sea Shepard venture as legitimate science which in my opinion has done zero to further our knowledge about what folks want to know.

Last edited:
How much do you know about those fish in those totes? As for dumping, have you ever seen a repitch pile of salmon carcasses on the riverbank or a pool in a salmon spawning stream with salmon carcasses at the bottom? What do think happens to those carcasses and what do you think is creeping in them? I admit that maggots are gross, but how do you think they get in those carcasses?

Although the video was intended to show this First Nations opposition to fish farms in their traditional territory without their consent the piece about these fish in these totes is filled with misinformation and highly dramatic meant to incite fear amongst First Nations, but does little actually inform them or the general public. Identifying these as wild salmon from bones in a tote with rotting fish is laughable - not much else to say. Whether you agree or disagree with salmon farming in BC I find it hard to defend this Sea Shepard venture as legitimate science which in my opinion has done zero to further our knowledge about what folks want to know.

when I see that amount of fish rotting in a tote it looks to me that conditions on that fish farm may not be all that good. why would all those fish be dead? is it possible they may have been diseased? if that was a pig farm or cow farm and there were that many mort pigs or cows I think people would think there was something wrong going on.... myself i thought it was interesting that there were no flies around. even the flies don't want to touch those fish....

"Identifying these as wild salmon from bones in a tote with rotting fish is laughable - not much else to say."

not sure where you get wild salmon from... those are atlantic salmon in the totes. is there a time in the video that someone identified the fish in the tote as wild? not sure what you're trying to get at there.

Last edited:

Although the video was intended to show this First Nations opposition to fish farms in their traditional territory without their consent the piece about these fish in these totes is filled with misinformation and highly dramatic meant to incite fear amongst First Nations, but does little actually inform them or the general public. Identifying these as wild salmon from bones in a tote with rotting fish is laughable - not much else to say. Whether you agree or disagree with salmon farming in BC I find it hard to defend this Sea Shepard venture as legitimate science which in my opinion has done zero to further our knowledge about what folks want to know.

The debate will never end....But the message is clear...
The First Nations at this particular location want the fish farms gone!
As do many in the General Public!
Would you not agree?

not sure where you get wild salmon from... those are atlantic salmon in the totes. is there a time in the video that someone identified the fish in the tote as wild? not sure what you're trying to get at there.
The goddess herself claimed they were wild Pacific's in one of her many blogs on this farce.

when I see that amount of fish rotting in a tote it looks to me that conditions on that fish farm may not be all that good. why would all those fish be dead? is it possible they may have been diseased? if that was a pig farm or cow farm and there were that many mort pigs or cows I think people would think there was something wrong going on.... myself i thought it was interesting that there were no flies around. even the flies don't want to touch those fish....

Yea that was my thought too where did he get the "Wild Salmon" from? That mort tote was clearly full of deads Farm fish and of varying sizes too which to me would indicate whatever was killing the fish was moving around from pen to pen. Yummy(not).

The goddess herself claimed they were wild Pacific's in one of her many blogs on this farce.

" on this farce.[/QUOTE] "
There are only a few on this form Dave that would call this video on First Nations and fish farms "a farce" as you put it.
I think you are in the minority with this opinion Dave.
Many knowledgeable people including these First Nation people feel Fish Farms have far too many disease and lice problems and pose a real risk to our wild salmon stocks to be allowing in our pristine waters AND that is a fact, regardless of how you and a few of your buddies want to spin it!

yep, far from a farce.... the farce is that the farms are still occupying (squatting on) salmon migratory routes, once pristine shellfish and prawning waters... the farmed fish and the toxic chemicals and antibiotics that go along with them, the effluent released from millions of farmed fish, need to be moved to closed containment systems on land. it's obvious as hell. you guys know it but don't want to come to grips with it. anyone without a financial interest in keeping the net pens in the water can see it also.
the "goddess", (Alexandra Morton as most know her by) whether she succeeds in her quest or not, will leave a lasting powerful legacy of support and ideology that will never be matched by the corporate fishfarms, or corporate government higher-ups that put dollars ahead of morals and doing what's right.

Last edited:
I thought many First Nations were partners in many fish farms? Is this just a myth?

I thought many First Nations were partners in many fish farms? Is this just a myth?

the fish farmers and their corporations would probably like you to believe that. in my mind it's a myth. the majority of first nations are against fish farms. their is one first nations involved with fish farming atlantic salmon here in BC that are doing the right thing by practicing responsible land based fish farming. they are also against open pen net fish farming. http://www.kuterra.com/

I'm not sure which first nations are in favor of supporting fish farms but I bet 90% or more are against them for more than obvious reasons.

http://www.firstnations.de/fisheries/heiltsuk.htm

http://www.firstnations.de/fisheries/kwakwakawakw-namgis.htm

here's some enlightening reading for people who might want to catch up on the subject of why these first nations may be against fish farms...
http://commonsensecanadian.ca/author/dc/
http://commonsensecanadian.ca/salmon-farmers-ads-full-crap-seabed-beneath-pens/

Last edited:
Not all fish survive to adult size. Hatcheries are not that different. Wild not that different either. Just because you see some dead fish in a tote is not necessarily indicative of the entire stock. Dead wild salmon in pools are not necessarily indicative that they died of some mysterious disease. On these farms, if it were some high risk viral disease like IHN you would see much more mortality. These morts likely represent a very low percentage of the total population. Trying to extrapolate and speculate from a mote tote is not the way to go about it. In this respect, it is meant to scare and disgust people which I admit it has succeeded, but not in the educational and scientific department. As for the flies, well they did get there somehow, but we are only seeing edited video.

http://www.cermaq.com/wps/wcm/conne...s/cermaq+statement+on+recent+protest+activity

Not from this video, but from Morton's Facebook page and her Voyage for Salmon posts. I'm not sure either where they get wild salmon from, but Morton isn't a fisheries biologist either so that could be a good reason.
https://www.voyageforsalmon.ca/dzawadaenuxw-board-salmon-farms-territory/

Back