"RUNTZ'

D

Dirtdog67

From the feedback, there are some concerns as to the number of 4 to 7 lb. clipped lazers that are makin up the huge percentage of caught fish. Usually the mix of smaller fish (clipped) to unclipped fish is prevalent during dec. and jan. Seems to be totally opposite this season. Any insight on the sub.-dirty

probably about 75% of the fish ive landed so far this season have been wild. Last two seasons i noticed there was a lot of the little hatchery rats but this year there seems to be a lot more unclipped fish in the 8-12 pound range which are definitly more fun to catch.

Depends where your fishing....if you fish the confluence area i seem too hit way more hatches same with upper river by hatch but float down too moneys,black rock mostly bigger wildies!!Anyway been an awesome start too the season either way lots of chrome!!!The gong show has now officially started though!!!

I hear ya on the Gong Show there Vince! Ladz everywhere, even during the bloody week!

And I do think you have something there regarding location. In the lower, we've seen predominantly hatch clones thus far, at least that was the case until just lately. The upper appears to be holding more wildies, but a lot more summers mixed in...

DirtDog: In a couple of truely amazing days after that first mean storm (mid-November) we hit a good number of fish in the lower. In total, 51 were landed amongst three rods in but two days. Of those, there were only around a half dozen that were wild??? And the summer runs represented less than 30% of the catch. Certainly seems the clip clones decided to come home to roost right early this year. That, or there's a lot more on the way (perhaps ocean survivorship is up?). Either way, it's looking to be a rather great fishery over the next couple of months!! If and when you can find water that isn't already being worked that is...

Cheers,
Nog

Ya rog on the gong show there Nog. Thanx for the input guy's I definately agree with what vince and chev have said regarding different areas of the flow holding different sizes and clips vs. non-clips.. Most of my info has come from the lower end. Lets hope what nog says is true and these fish finally got dealt a good hand on the ocean survival end of things..-dirty

The clippers keep on rolling in even with the crap conditions!!!Saw a big butt wildie landed by another angler too!!!

Back