Rumour has it

Capt_Ed

Crew Member
April 30th till we get a salmon announcement.

I think the Federal Liberals had planned another devastating blow to the many coastal communities, the economy of BC and the heritage and quality of life of a great many British Colombian's, the same as they did last year. The purpose then and now was to appease certain extremist views and the ENGO's and decrease their opposition to pipelines and increased tanker traffic which the government viewed as politically useful for the coming election.

My impression is that they are somewhat surprised by the backlash they are getting from this political con job and that tied with the recent scandals may have them reevaluating just how far they want to further attack the public sector fishery and coastal BC this close to an election. If that is the purpose of the delay, perhaps it is worth the wait.

Little doubt the Liberals were going to slam us shut but with the SNC LAVALIN scandal and tanking poll numbers BC suddenly matters. I’ve been saying this all winter. The other part of this is they have no seal or sea lion plan. They can’t order the hit on 20,000 seals without losing 15% of their base to the NDP or Greens and you can’t shut fishing down without a seal plan because now we all know about the seal problem. Finally, we’re under the impression they know wtf they’re doing, and they don’t. If the government knew how to properly manage a fishery we wouldn’t be in this situation. What happens when we’re sitting around mid June with no announcements? Imagine the economic hurt that will inflict out here. The little voice in my head keeps telling me we’re being punished and coerced to rethink our pipeline position in bc. No pipeline no fishing. A game they’re good at playing in Ottawa when one of the Provinces gets out of line.

Alberta is pumping at 30% of their capacity. They could triple production anytime they wanted too, they don’t have a pipeline problem they have a lack demand for their oil problem.

Alberta is pumping at 30% of their capacity. They could triple production anytime they wanted too, they don’t have a pipeline problem they have a lack demand for their oil problem.

Not where I work we are running to the nameplate capacity everyday. Even with the cut backs imposed by the province it’s a minor amount when it’s shared by more than one producer. 30% is a Pipe Dream...lol

My trips are booked I could care less about what this government has to say. I for one am not letting these clowns destroy my way of life and how I feed my family. I have not purchased my licence yet. I will not until they release the regulations.

Back