Roy MacPherson rods

Steplift

I recently purchased a custom Roy MacPherson rod built in 1978. I’m planning on catching a few salmon on it in a few weeks then probably going to hang it on the wall as a collector. Anyone else have one of his rods and thoughts on them? From what I’ve found for information he’s a fairly well known rod builder from Kamloops.

Yes, i have one of his rods. I don' t know a whole lot about it but i think it's a 12 ft spey rod . - it's a two-piece with and 3rd piece that is lighter weight so you have a choice of what tip to use. I believe the rod is made with aluminum blanks - signed by him in gold flake , - has a Hardy reel on it in a wood case. The one i have say's Ray MacPherson Beautiful set-up. What is the rod like that you have Steplift? I have never used this one and think i would like to sell it. Any interest call me at 250-213-7876- can send photos if you want, - can't seem to upload them??

I have one of Ray’s fly rods from 1976. It has a cracked ferrule so I have retired it. Me and my dad met him in Kamloops to order the rod.

This was the first graphite fly rod I every used and it was an absolute CANNON compared to all the glass rods I’d been used to.

I put a lot of miles on that rod, I was sad when I had to retire it.

Yes, i have one of his rods. I don' t know a whole lot about it but i think it's a 12 ft spey rod . - it's a two-piece with and 3rd piece that is lighter weight so you have a choice of what tip to use. I believe the rod is made with aluminum blanks - signed by him in gold flake , - has a Hardy reel on it in a wood case. The one i have say's Ray MacPherson Beautiful set-up. What is the rod like that you have Steplift? I have never used this one and think i would like to sell it. Any interest call me at 250-213-7876- can send photos if you want, - can't seem to upload them??
Mine just says Ray MacPherson custom glass I believe it’s a mooching rod. Beautiful work anyways and looking forward to catching a fish with it. I’m now looking for an old mooching real to mount on it. I think it will look good on my dads cabin wall at the lake.

Yes, the one i have was custom made, has the name on it who it was made for. What reel you looking for Steplift? Hardy Longstone or something?

Yes, the one i have was custom made, has the name on it who it was made for. What reel you looking for Steplift? Hardy Longstone or something?
I'm not sure of the exact reel I'm looking for and haven't looked into the market for them so I don't even know were to start.

Back