Robbed again..

jeffywestcoast

Was going to go out for a rip tonight in the boat but apparently somebody needed to go fishing more then me , both my fuel tanks (mostly empty ) for my johnson were stolen out of my driveway last night, right in front of my livingroom window.. Bastards...
fdfae14dc2f5d753d28d6c694fd961fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the thing, i take 95% off my gear outta my boat after fishing , they look like ****** fueltanks but they are made by johnson /evinrude and retail for 129.99 each new...biggest ****-off is the fact i couldn't get a replacement as it is a holiday...

Sounds like some flaky neighbors. Maybe time for a $400 video surveillance system.

A guy wouldn't need video surveillance if people could just leave other people's stuff alone. Sorry for your loss Jeff. At least they didn't go after your new kicker. How do you have that locked on the transom.

There's definitely theft issues in Nanaimo in certain areas more so than others. Probably a fixed tank with a locking gas cap would be the only solution. If they got gas they will probably be back at some point for more. Seems anything that could be a quick sale or in your unfortunate case gas are easy and prime targets for petty thieves. Sure hope the individual(s) get popped but it's probably highly unlikely and there's not much deterrent as the cops will only give them a slap on the wrist. Usually the same folks that do it over and over again, I got lucky one time and found something that was stolen from me years ago at the pawn shop and the cops just gave it back. The only issue is sometimes it sits in pawn for months before sitting on the shelf. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I had my two gas tanks lifted from my zodiac in Nanaimo last year, not as expensive to replace as yours but they were full of gas. The thieves even took my buddy's fishing net, which was the crappiest ugliest worst net you could imagine. It was worse than what I used to use growing up fishing a stagnant river in south saskatchewan for pike. They'll take anything I guess. I hope you come across your tanks, that's a tough hit

Jeff maybe having them at lest strapped and belted would prevent that..... Anything where you slow down them trying to take that...I suspect who did is very close to you and may be watching you unload the boats..that sucks man... I would bring your kicker in at night.... That could be next.

****** Jeff, i feel your pain my truck got hit for the second time in 3 month 2 nights ago and this time they broke my window. F**KERS

Sorry to hear that , Jeffy...........maybe a motion sensor light with a switch that signals a buzzer indoors and alerts you to anything going on outside?

Maybe a cleverly hidden inconspicuous trail-cam too......that way you can see who does it possibly.....

3months after we bought our house my neighbor comes over and asks if I have a hydraulic hose for his mercruiser tilt/trim unit. No I say, I'm more of an outboard guy. He actually comes back with" Oh well, guess I'll just have to go steal one then".

So I got one of these:

image.jpg

Sorry to here of your troubles man :(.

Make sure that kicker is secure on there with some locks or mesh the threads up on the bolts etc.
The longer it takes them the better.

The trail cam idea is a good one. Get one of the new ones with no flash to give them away. There are thieves in every city period.

Probably just kids looking for gas but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared.

Other than that marine insurance is good for something.

Hope it doesn't happen again bud. Keep your chin up.

Cheers,
John

get any cheap tank and just adapt the fitting you dont need specific tanks just the fitting Jeff . THAT sucks sorry to here....

Had 1 (full) of 2 tanks taken from my boat in Cedar a couple years back. I was actually asleep on the couch and woke up for some reason, looked outside but didn't see anything, was obviously still asleep. Didn't realize until a few days later when I was in the boat and realized something was missing.

Kicker is bolted to the transom in three spot with stainless carriage bolts and has aircraft cable that can't be cut with bolt cutters, going to look at motion camera system i guess, 90 % of you have more money in your boats then me , i just happen live in a ****** end of town..guess i just have to find some secure spot for my boat .. I had many friends step up and offer me donor tanks and big thanks to everyone who offered .

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff you should leave a dummy jerry can in there with a 50/50 mix of gas and diesel, lets see how well their vehicle runs after they pour that in their tank...

get any cheap tank and just adapt the fitting you dont need specific tanks just the fitting Jeff . THAT sucks sorry to here....

You bet chandler had them on sale anyhow and was planing on replacing the old ones.. I gut my boat from dash to stern after every trip but was a little carless , lesson learned

Back