River Hawk Boats / Katanacraft

macro

Do they all end of sinking eventually?

First one I ever saw - the bow was caved in, and the frame above the door and the walk through window had stress cracks... Insufficient framing inside?

Second one - Someone on the forum had one.. It cracked from either bad welds, or stress fractures (my guess) and sank at the dock.

Heres yet another one.
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/boa/d/delta-2013-river-hawk-sea-hawk-28-xl/6921280955.html

IMHO - buy a hewescraft or kingfisher/harborcraft if you want a decent welded boat that wont sink itself. If you want a great boat get a silverstreak or other plate boat.

Raider is another option too. Their boats are built with lighter plate like Hewes but their structure is superior and they hold up well.

I almost bought a riverhawk when I was shopping a few years back...so glad I didn't for 100 reasons.

Yeah I’ve heard the same, complaints from guys on Craigslist, light gauge aluminum makes for a weak boat!

Yeah I’ve heard the same, complaints from guys on Craigslist, light gauge aluminum makes for a weak boat!

I think its a lack of bracing on the inside. I have not had a chance to see the under the floor boards of one of those yet. One of my complaints. Wood floors dont belong on big alloy boats.

Who bought the one on craigslist for 80k? It was a group of 4 I figured one of them is on here

It is listed as a demo.

I believe Reel West Coast will be running a kingfisher for this season.

And why buy when a sponsor will let you use one for free?

It is listed as a demo.

I believe Reel West Coast will be running a kingfisher for this season.

And why buy when a sponsor will let you use one for free?
Thats gotta be telling eh? Wonder what reel west coast thought about it. Are they on here?

also says pending under the title. I'm guessing sale pending.

Yeah, I suppose so. If I was buying a new boat I'd want the newer 4.6L V8 Mercs on it rather than the old supercharged I6s. They've had that boat for at least 18 months....they must've been getting anxious to move it!

Do they all end of sinking eventually?

First one I ever saw - the bow was caved in, and the frame above the door and the walk through window had stress cracks... Insufficient framing inside?

Second one - Someone on the forum had one.. It cracked from either bad welds, or stress fractures (my guess) and sank at the dock.

Heres yet another one.
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/boa/d/delta-2013-river-hawk-sea-hawk-28-xl/6921280955.html

IMHO - buy a hewescraft or kingfisher/harborcraft if you want a decent welded boat that wont sink itself. If you want a great boat get a silverstreak or other plate boat.

The company was miss-managed by the owner of the parent company “Phil Cam” who was a complete fool, he attempted to bankrupt the company the so he could purchase the company at huge discount.
This was the reason of the name change from RIverhawk to RH boats he apparently owned the rights and was pushed out of the company.
The original owner of Riverhawk won the control of the company back in court from Phil Cam and have partnered with the owner of Katanacraft.

My boat was one with the Bow collapsed and crack above doors as mentioned previously

The new owners so far are looking to rebuild the company with NNMA certified and do the right thing.

Last edited:
Even if they are trying to change their ways, it's pretty hard to come back from that kind of bad PR. Changing names doesn't fool the educated buyer, but you might sell a few... They will fail in the end.

Back