Reversing mono on MR2 mooching reel

CIVANO

Is this done or is the mono at the arbor area of the reel too kinky? I have done powerpro but never tried mono - 25# trilene XT

Just replaced mainline after several years.
I use 30# Maxima and it's pristine at the arbour. In fact it's in great condition just a few yards in. I peel off a hundred feet or so at the beginning of the year so the line with most wear and tear is discarded. I do the cannon ball break test and I've never had it fail. Trilene is probably similar in durability.

Just replaced mainline after several years.
I use 30# Maxima and it's pristine at the arbour. In fact it's in great condition just a few yards in. I peel off a hundred feet or so at the beginning of the year so the line with most wear and tear is discarded. I do the cannon ball break test and I've never had it fail. Trilene is probably similar in durability.
Ok now I am curious. What is "the cannon ball break test"?

LOL, just that easy. I knew there would be an easy explanation to this.

Thanks for that Foxsea

Oly

Why would you screw around reversing $20 worth of line. On any given trip we spend $40 on fuel, $50 on bait, $40 on lunch maybe more if you drink beer and your going to worry about changing $20 worth of line once a year. Not worth it when at any given time there could be hog hit the lure, not for me anyway. Mine gets changed out every year. Go bulk and buy a 2 or 3000 yard spool and your set for a few years.

Back