Restaurant to go ahead,Rocky Point

B

Brisco

Construction will begin Aug 1 on the Boathouse Restaurant on the parking lot at the Rocky Point launch.There was a very dissapointing turnout of boaters at the meeting.From what I can see once construction begins there will be no parking and access to the ramp difficult.Everyone who expects to fish the Cap will probobly have to head elswhere to launch.

I can't believe that is actually happening. I used to launch there years ago to get to the cap. Who owns the restaraunt being built ?
How did anyone ever get permission to build a private business on park land? Got to have been some sneaky back room meetings goin on.

Yeah, same as Sooke.
If the big boat/marine businesses were on the ball, they would ***** to the local governing bodies because its simply a deterrent for prospective buyers,new and used from buying with no facilities. Its their pocket book. If I was a boat dealer I would be attending every counsel meeting.

Thats exactly what I thought when I was at the meeting,I could not believe there wasn't a single dealer there.As a matter of fact I contacted Olympic Boat Center myself.The ramp will remain but without parking.Dockspace will not exist because yauht club members will take it all when the come for martini's.I'll be moving to the island in the next couple of years and I hope fishermen and parks people don't let profit come before our right as taxpayers to enjoy our recources.

on a related topic. i am a boater who likes to travel to different marinas in the Islands. Stay in my boat and enjoy the on shore ameneties. One such place was bedwell marina. Now known as Poets Cove.
Luxury condos renting from $350 a night and up.Catering to wealthy americans and their yachts. Another was Otter bay marina. Now known as 'Currents'. Privately owned town homes.No more transient marina. And how about Lowes Resort in Madeira Park. Camping,cabins,moorage.Real nice rustic setting. Not any more. Luxury condos again. Seems to be a trend.

I have found out the Boathouse Restaurant construction will start in Aug.All the people who launch there to go fishing at the Cap. river are in for a surprise.

I feel sorry for the people that travel any distance to launch at Rocky Point. I live 5 minutes from the ramp. My neighbors and I are more fortunate than some and we have discussed this issue at length.
We will still launch at Rocky Point, but our vehicles and trailers will return to our homes with a friend or spouse. It's going to save me $15 with each launch.
For myself this is a minor inconvenience. I can only hope that the restaraunt fails miserably.

I feel sorry for the people that travel any distance to launch at Rocky Point. I live 5 minutes from the ramp. My neighbors and I are more fortunate than some and we have discussed this issue at length.
We will still launch at Rocky Point, but our vehicles and trailers will return to our homes with a friend or spouse. It's going to save me $15 with each launch.
For myself this is a minor inconvenience. I can only hope that the restaraunt fails miserably.

Even if I lived acoss the street I don't believe I could get friend or spouse out of bed to launch me!

Back