Reseal boat windshield?

N2013

I imagine there’s a few folks on here who have resealed their boat’s windshield before. Finding I get little dribbles on the inside of my 185 windshield (front, port, starboard). It appears there are a few screws but would need to dive into this further. Any input would be appreciated.

I’ve never used it on a windshield before, but Seal All (available at auto parts stores) does a brilliant job if you’re not trying to fill a big gap. It is clear & not as messy as Sikaflex. I sealed the toe rails on my 28’ sailboat with the stuff. Almost invisible & was still watertight after 5 years. if you have gaps to fill, Sikaflex or 3M 5200. I like the fast cure 5200, personally.
Use masking tape along both sides of the damaged seal with a big enough gap between to expose the damaged area. Squeeze a small amount between the tapes. Smooth it out with a T spoon and remove the tape before it hardens.
Keep lots of paper towels on hand & toss them often. Vinyl gloves is a good idea too!

x2 on sikaflex, spend the time to remove the old seal, be careful when applying the sikaflex, it wants to spread everywhere you don't want it but when it has set up you will not have any leaks. Did my 25 foot Bayliner last year not an issue since.The advice Prfisher gives is relevant to sikaflex.

Neutral cure silicone will also work well. Be careful as it can take a few days to fully cure, so no touching after you finished your bead. Mask off the area and make it look like wide pin striping.

Back