Request for skippers - Consultants Derby July 25th out of Prestige

Deewar25

Hi all - looks like we will likely have a shortage this year - anyone willing to help out and be a volunteer skipper for the event, it would be great if you could post or send me a PM - preferably 17' or more so you don't get blown off the water, you get a ticket to the event and are eligible for all the prizes, catered meal, and free beer! We also request the guests chip in to cover costs and we can match you up with like age/smoking/non-smoking etc if you prefer. Ideally you are based in Sooke, but guys can meet at Cheanuh/Peddar if necessary as well.

Not certain yet, but we may be doing a big bonus prize for top volunteer skipper as well - a little competition and we will discuss this at a meeting next week!

You can check out the website for all necessary info here: http://consultantsinvitational.com/

Note all proceeds go towards salmon enhancement (Sooke Salmon Enhancement is our primary charity, but we spread it around) and we have donated $100,000 in the last 9 years, most of that in the last 7 years.

If you haven't skippered in this derby it is well worth it. I did it for the first time last year and had a great time and won a Island Outfitters charter out of Port Renfrew. It is a very well run, good food, and has great prizes and all proceeds go for a worthy, local, salmon enhancement causes.

I thought I would also add for Deewar25 it's our 10th anniversary so also if any you are interested in sponsorship or can donate any prizes let us know.. We cant do this event without support of our community... I hope to see all of you there this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deewar25: I have skippered in the derby the last two years and would be pleased to do so again this year. My email has changed and I can't access the old address which explains why I didn't get contacted. My new address is: robhagel52@gmail.com. I will PM you if I do not hear back via this thread.

...Thanks Rob

Deewar25: I have skippered in the derby the last two years and would be pleased to do so again this year. My email has changed and I can't access the old address which explains why I didn't get contacted. My new address is: robhagel52@gmail.com. I will PM you if I do not hear back via this thread.

...Thanks Rob

I have skippered the last two and certainly would be prepared to do so again. Not sure why I was not contacted. EMail problem? PM for the best contact email.

hmm...Hi Rob - yeah, I had sent to rdhagel@shaw and got nothing back! That's great news that it was just lost in space as I hadn't got a reply. I will update my list with your new email and consider you available! Thanks much.

I'm in View Royal, but can launch at Pedder or Cheanuh. My boat is a 21' Center consul seaswirl with a 200 Honda. I could take out 2 non-drinking guests.
Stosh

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like our last couple skippers just getting filled up now with todays requests. That leaves us empty. Always seem to find last minute needs, or boat blow ups and if anyone out there is willing to be on standby, could you drop me a PM or reply here. Thanks much.

looks like my standby just got scooped up and sounds like I may need at least another boat - any others willing to be on standby?

I've fished this tourny before, lots of great people involved and I had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to skippering this year and I encourage others to join in.

1 more try - shuffled things around - I just need a boat for one of the committee members now - so spot for 1 - anyone available would be greatly appreciated.

Back