Replacing leaf spring on trailer, Any better than

J

Jimbo

Hey guys, I want to replace the leafs on my trailer as a precationary measure as there pretty rusty, just wondering if any springs are better than others? I dont think they come galvanized, so should I just get some Princess Auto ones or?? I am on the mainland so any direction would be appreciated, cheers.

scott spring by the patotllo brdige the y will have your answers and they are awesome don't go with princess on this one cheeping out can ruin a holiday pretty fast

quote:Originally posted by spring time

scott spring by the patotllo brdige the y will have your answers and they are awesome don't go with princess on this one cheeping out can ruin a holiday pretty fast

Ditto,go to a spring shop.The guys know their stuff,probably use a better grade of spring steel and you'll find that springs for a boat trailer are pretty cheap to buy anyways.
Dave

i went to a spring shop in CR, two years ago. Replaced

all mine for tri axle. Some are now cracked. not impressed.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I got a set of springs from Hub City here in Nanaimo. Set of 4 was $350 with hardware. Princess Auto has all the stuff you need if you are on that side. You will need a torch for some of the work. gl

Back