Renfrew Reports?

ReelSlim

Crew Member
We are coming out to Renfrew for the first week in April to open up the cabin for the year. Just wondering how the fishing has been or if anyone has been out much. I assume that the crabbing is good? I'm not going to put the Striper in this trip but I am going to bring out my 15' SilverStreak tiller rig. After it's 3 years in Alberta and about 6 hours of use it's time to bring it back to where it belongs....lol Also wondering if it might be at all worthwhile drfting along the 150' line or is pretty much an anchor show this early on. Any reports would be great......Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
crabbing has been really good... i might do another trip this weekend, if not then ill be out next.
hali is probably an anchor show right now but wellsy can probably chime in on that.. post some pics up of that silver streak rig! im wanting to get myself a similar set up this summer..

I'll hijack my own thread and post a few shots. :D It's an awesome little boat and I can't wait to use on the coast finally! lol Post a report next time your out.....thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00957.jpg
    DSC00957.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,229
  • DSC00484.jpg
    DSC00484.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,227
  • DSC00486.jpg
    DSC00486.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,226
Thanks guys! I hope to have some better shots of it in action in a week or so. The pictures in the garage are from last night during a full on blizzard! lol Any fshing reports this week will be much appreciated........for the kids sake of course ;)

Thanks guys! I hope to have some better shots of it in action in a week or so. The pictures in the garage are from last night during a full on blizzard! lol Any fshing reports this week will be much appreciated........for the kids sake of course ;)
....Slim,sweet cut plug unit..:cool:

Yah for sure. I had it built to use while I'm living away from the coast but also to be my early spring and fall fishing rig when the docks aren't in. Good for doing some beach exploring too.....a little hard with the fiberglass boat. As much as I like my Striper...when the weather is good there's nothing like fishing in an open boat. IMO

Cheers!

Crabbing is very good with a 50\50 hard and soft,,halis were very good last weekend off Carmanah and if you dont want to go that far we anchored off Botanical beach in 85 ft on sat and got 3 in a short bit ,,that edge all the way to Sombrio this time of yr is very good 90% of the fish were on herring and the rest on mackeral,,good luck

Thanks Optimist........good to hear there are some around then. I have picked up few off Botanical before but a bit later on in the year. If the weather is good I'll give it a go..........Cheers!

Theres some nice springs around owen to the Rock pile 70-90 ft on squirts and coho killers,,in case you want to try for them should be only getting better as we get into pril

Good to know......I was going to give that area a try with the kids and try to get them into a couple of fish. We'll be out for 5 or 6 days so hopefully I'll get a bit of fishing in? Although I've been told it's not a fishing trip! lol We'll see I guess? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
crabbing was very good for me - but only on the slack tide. i threww the camera down in the traps and during tide change i couldn't see more thatn 6" with so much junk in the water with the current and waves

and very nice ride!

Renfrew

Put in a solid Sunday with Hourston/Hindsight and found several halibut, 15-47pounds. "West of Carmanah", on anchor. A sunny day, pretty strong south-east wind for a while, a little rough, then calm in the later afternoon. Some ocean swell hitting the shores.

We saw a couple boats trolling salmon, one radio report of a fish caught....no details though.

Two crab traps, one nearly empty, one chock full, go figure. Sweet San Juan crab, can't beat that.

And because we're talking Renfrew, here's a recently completed "2012 highlights reel (Hindsight Fishing)", to whet the appetite for summer fun coming up soon. :)

[9blECALuVdo] http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9blECALuVdo

Happy sunny first day of April!

Crabbing was good this weekend.
Unfortunatly no fishing for me on the family easter camping trip. Confined to the tinny.

Quite a few boats going out and some hali coming in.

Nice calm mornings with some wind after noon.

Tips

Back