remote throttle control

goddan

Hi,
im looking for some advise,recommendations for remote servo type throttle control for a 1998 mercury 15 hp bigfoot. It has factory cable controls that never stay on rpm and hard to adjust in small increments.
Thanks . Dan

I installed an Itroll to my yammy 9.9. Last year It's the best upgrade l have done to my boat. Throttle adjustments are in very small increments l also really like the run/idle button when you hit a decent fish you just hit the run/idle button and it goes to idle land the fish and hit the button again and it takes you back to the same rpm as before.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/wanted-trollmaster-pro-2.70684/

Looking into the same thing for a Yammi. There is a little info above.

To be honest I am a little nervous about new optional spending on the boat given that the Federal liberals seem hell bent on destroying sport fishing and the economy of our coastal communities all over BC in order to appease the NGO's and the urban elitists in the lower mainland, which are about the only elected seats they have in BC.

There was a thread a couple of years back or so from someone who built a basic unit out of a few dollars worth of parts like a servo from the remote control model toy industry.

Last edited:
Whether you buy one or make it I will say you will find it one of the best improvements you can make.

IMG_20151105_134020.jpg

i troll or DIY both work if you hands on then it costs less than $100 and a bit of time ...
you dont get the fancy things the itrolls can do but its only a servo tester panpot that adjusts the speed or moves the cam arm on the servo....

was thinking of doing group buy and ordering a few kits of parts up ......
here is my old set up on a 9.9 yam .....only mod to the kicker was drilling a small hole to attach the fly cable and feeding the power cable in also note the cam arm the closer you get to the piviot point the more dial range you get ... think leverage????

Last edited:
Back