registering old hull

Knotty Seamen

Hey guys just in the middle of purchasing a old hourston and the owner doesnt have any paperwork on the boat. I am rebuilding this boat from ground up and wondering how much of a pain it is to register the boat etc or if anyone can recommend the steps to take etc... thanks

Perfect, thanks for the link! Looks like I will be getting the boat delivered in next few days and the tear down can begin! Gonna be a ton of work and a ton of cash to pour into the boat but am looking forward to it! Looking forward to having it all restored and make it how i want it all rigged up!

You will need a bill of sale which is still proof of ownership not the previous registration or license.
A simple piece of paper with both names and addresses the size and make of the boat and hull serial number [post 1979] along with sale price and both signatures with date is good.
For sale price do not put free or gift that opens a whole different can of worms that requires a notary public [expensive] stipulate a sale price even if it's only $5.
Once you have the bill of sale you can register the boat either in person or by mail and keep a copy of the license on the boat at all times. If your checked and don't have it the fine is almost $200.

Back