Registering a new to me boat.

Jencourt

I bought my last boat from a dealer so the registration was done there. Now that I am buying one privately I am not sure where to do this. Is it the customs office? If so where in Courtenay/Comox do I do this and is that when I will have to pay the bloody HST?

Ray did u pick up a boat yet? They have something new going on for registering your Boat now its through a office in New Brunswick or something. There are other threads on it on here somewhere. We saw Jencourt yesterday at Discovery Ramp yesterday when we were coming back from Bute, poor Jencourt. You really should of showed the owner a few tips on launching LOL. When exiting the Dock to go out on the water he was tied up between me and another guy. He missed ramming my bow by an inch, puts her in reverse smashing into the guy behind him. Finally gets out and backs up towards the ramp with his leg down and clunk hits the leg on the bottom!! Were watching in horror. Im not sure what damage was done but he slowly motored out with his wife in kids.. and yeh u have to pay taxes on your new used boat, motor, any electronics everything, get seperate invoices on everything strongly recommended. Oh yeh and if your looking for a good deal on a Boat still PM me have a line on a couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that FD. I have not closed on anything yet but am giving serious consideration to a 2000 Campion 622 sedan. I kinda like having the ability to stay dockside with a few amenities that the cuddy style does not offer.
Cheers: Ray

I did what Fog ducker mentioned and got back by registration in about 2 weeks. Wa pretty painless. My question was they did not send me an "invoice" for the taxes. When does that come? lol

From what I heard the government basically just keeps tabs on boater registration and will send you a bill in the mail for the taxes...The time frame for getting the bill varies greatly as well from what I have heard.

Registration is with the feds. The 12% tax is PST not HST so it comes from the province later.

Back