Red Hot - Customized 17.5 Campion for Sale

chris73

Here is a great opportunity for someone to take over a great, unique and very versatile fishing boat. This boat is exceptionally clean and babied and everything is functional. I have owned it for more than 10 years and rebuilt and customized it for myself and for salmon and halibut fishing on Vancouver Island. This boat is very economical to run, easy to handle and trailer, stable and seaworthy and well tested. This boat has seen rough water and handled it very well, it keeps you out of the elements and it is roomy for a boat of this class. It is well powered and goes over 35 mph when lightly weighted. It can tow tubes and a skier easily. This boat catches fish and has won derbies. Here are the specs:

- Original hull is a 1979 Campion 17.5' runabout.
- Structually completely rebuilt in 2010 - new stringers, new floor, transom repaired. All with epoxy - built to last forever.
- Custom built fibreglass hardtop with rails and 3 rod holders and 1 net holder.
- Brand new windows, front clear plastic and side windows vinyl. Let lots of light in.
- Main Motor: Yamaha F100 4stroke, 2000, estimated 600 hours, maintained by Forsch Marine.
- Kicker: Yamaha 9.9 4stroke, 2012, prob. less than 300 hours, with prop guard, alternator, manual start and tiller, also maintained by Forsch Marine.
- Eazy Steering between Main and Kicker.
- 2 sleeper seats, upholstery in good condition, custom storage compartments under seats.
- Sounder/GPS combo Lowance HDS7, 1st Gen with Airmar B744 bronze transducer 600W.
- Marine stereo with 2 speakers.
- Stainless Steel fish box under floor, removable and large enough for all your catch except large halibut.
- Custom wood panelling with lots of storage.
- 2 marine batteries, auto bilge pump, spare prop, Scotty downrigger mounts, 2 flush mount rod holders off the stern.
- Galvanized Highliner trailer, good condition, rollers. Brand new tires (incl. spare) and brand new hubs (incl. bearings), plus a packed spare hub.
- fibreglass and gelcoat in very good condition, never saw bottom paint. You'd never believe this boat is from 1979. Has always been stored under cover and never been moored.
- Best at last: custom extended steering plus a swivel seat in the back so you can steer the boat from the back when trolling. You will be right were your rods are and never miss a bite!

Price: $10,000 obo

I am willing to remove the sounder/transducer and reduce the price accordingly if you don't need or like this. I could potentially also exchange the kicker to a Yamaha T8 2005 with low hours and work on the price for this.

If you are interested please PM. I'd rather deal with you offline.

98.jpg
99.jpg
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
97.jpg
96.jpg
95.jpg
94.jpg
93.jpg
92.jpg
91.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is how you post an add to sell a boat :cool:. Thank you for that. Good luck with the sale :).

No...I am going to miss this boat....!:( This is great boat for someone I can attest been on it many times.... And very well maintained it occasionally gets fish LOLOL

Nice boat I saw it in the members boat thread. And liked the extended steering so much that I made a similar one for my own boat. It works well too single hand the boat. Thanks for the great idea. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someones going to get a good deal,
looks very well maintained and very functional...
like the mods.

Love that belly fish chest with stainless liner.

Nice looking boat, totally pimped out!

May I ask who made the hardtop, my winter project is to build one for my campion explorer 552 and that top looks like my thoughts perfectly. Would be a great buy for someone.

cheers

Built it myself Reel-Knotty - with major help of a friend. Built a mold per plan and fibreglassed and gel coated. Aluminum supports were custom cut and welded and then bolted to the hull and top. Rock solid. My kids sit sometimes on top of it on a calm day. Great for transporting crab or prawn traps or getting the anchor bucket out of the way while hali fishing. Also great to mount stuff like rod holders or even radar. Hard tops rock! People ask me sometimes why the top has a certain height (obviously not high enough to stand underneath) - I built it exactly so it fits in my carport with 1" roof clearance :cool:

So what's the next ride gonna be ? Must be bigger or smaller as for a 17.5 foot fishing boat yours looks rigged up nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work on the top. I may need to pick your brain for tips on building the mold. by any chance are you on the island.

Cheers

I am looking to bring a 19 Arima Sea Ranger up from the states. It's in pieces though and will required a bit time to put together the way I like it.

I am in Victoria and you can certainly contact me anytime if you have questions. Welcome to come by and just check it out as long as Red Hot is still here. Cheers!

That has to be the best built campion 17 I have ever seen. Nicely put together Chris, thoughtful mods and well laid out. Some gets a good looking boat for a very good deal. Anyone who has ever "modded" a fishing boat knows what kind of costs are involved in getting it JUST the way you want it ;-)

very well done.

I am looking to bring a 19 Arima Sea Ranger up from the states. It's in pieces though and will required a bit time to put together the way I like it.

I am in Victoria and you can certainly contact me anytime if you have questions. Welcome to come by and just check it out as long as Red Hot is still here. Cheers!

Congrats on the Arima. I wonder if this is the same boat I was wanting to buy before it sold. I believe it was in the seattle everett area. One of the regular guys on the Arima forum who buys and sells Arima's was flogging it. There was a lot of work to do, but the price was right, and it was goin gto be a great rig once complete.

Good luck with the Red Hot sale.

Built it myself Reel-Knotty - with major help of a friend. Built a mold per plan and fibreglassed and gel coated. Aluminum supports were custom cut and welded and then bolted to the hull and top. Rock solid. My kids sit sometimes on top of it on a calm day. Great for transporting crab or prawn traps or getting the anchor bucket out of the way while hali fishing. Also great to mount stuff like rod holders or even radar. Hard tops rock! People ask me sometimes why the top has a certain height (obviously not high enough to stand underneath) - I built it exactly so it fits in my carport with 1" roof clearance :cool:

awesome, I thought the top was factory off something else. That "remote" steering system is pretty classic as well!

Still got the top mold?

No Poppa, that was a one time thing.

Dave: doubt it was the same. The one I will be getting never actually came on the market yet. Got lucky in finding someone with a treasure in the back of the garage. But, dont have it yet. Its only mine when it's here Lol

Thanks for the compliments, gents. Yes, there is a lot of blood and sweat in this that you cannot sell for money. And I guess the engineer shines through in some of the mods :D I built it for myself and everyone who knows me know that I don't cut corners. Hope it finds a good home. Had a few nibbles so far but nothing too serious. But it's not a good time for selling right now and just before Xmas. I am not in a rush. Just wanted to let you know in case you have a friend who is looking or someone you know who discovered fishing and is looking for an entry level boat that is ready to go.

I wouldn't call it a entry level boat with all those nice mods, I get ideas every time I look at the pics. once again great job I'll P.M. you when I'm ready for some tips on the fiberglass for the top.

Cheers and Merry Xmas

Back