ran into sandheads, sunk

What rocks? The jetty? I found a globaltv link that quoted the owner saying they were moving her up the river for service and bam something let go and water poured in. Probably hit a big log and it stuffed in perfectly to snap the rudder and shaft. Yep a mahogany hull so might be something to that. Game over.

Last edited:
.... Probably hit a big log and it stuffed in perfectly to snap the rudder and shaft. Yep a mahogany hull so might be something to that. Game over.
Yes there's been a lot of wood in the water with high tides and last week's rain-lots of people who come here from other places have never seen a log in the water I knew a guy with a Shamrock that happened to.

By the way, La Feline is a local yacht having been here since she was built in the early 70s. The way point of the last known location is quite a ways off the SA. She may have drifted after the hull breach but I still don't know of any rocks around the Sand Heads. Very unfortunate incident for the owners.

Wow that must have been a sight to see. I find salvage operations fascinating. I wonder if it was fully submerged? If so what was involved refloating her?

Back