Raffle To Raise Funds For Sooke Net Pen

profisher

Three of the generous sponsors for the canceled Oak Bay Marine Group Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament have told us to use their donated prizes to raise funds for the Sooke Net Pen Project. Sherwood Marine Centre with Yamaha have donated the 9.9 Yamaha High Thrust Outboard with power tilt as our first prize. (value $3700.00) Seastar Solutions has donated a complete hydraulic steering system worth over $2000.00 and Bradley Smoker has donated a 4 tray digital smoker worth $550.00. We will sell single tickets with 3 chances to win one of these 3 prizes. We will offer only 500 tickets at $20.00 each. If we sell these 500 tickets the net pen would see proceeds of $10,000.00. I hope to have the gaming license approved and tickets on sale by Oct 1st and a draw for the winners between Christmas and New Years. Tickets would be available at Sherwood Marine Centre, at SVIAC functions and by mail order. We can't sell them directly online as that requires a more involved gaming license with too long an approval wait time. (10 weeks) I hope that many of you will support this and help us sell the 500 tickets out quickly.

I would like to commit to 3 tickets. I live out of province so will need to do it via mail order. Please let me know when you are ready & I will make payment.

Thank you ILHG When we have tickets printed I will post here. Mail orders can be done by simply mailing a cheque and include a self addressed postage paid envelope folded up with your cheque. We will put your ticket stubs in your envelope and mail it back to you. Cheques would be made payable to South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition

Last edited:
I am in for one or two tix
Thanks to the sponsors, SVIAC and all those involved in the Sooke net pen project and other efforts to support all the species in the food chain (including me with those whales) on the south island.

I would be in for 3 tickets as well. Thank you to the sponsors and everyone involved in setting this up.

I'm in Rollie,hopefully this will raise the needed funding with less work than the derby and no fish kill.

Rayvon, this will help but won't pay for it all. The overall budget for the last two years has been $75,000 required for each year. Next year we will have to raise funds to acquire a second net pen enclosure as we can't handle 1 million fry in a single net pen. We will also have twice as many fish that will be required to be wire code tagged and clipped which is our biggest non capital expense. We will also be looking at securing annual moorage at the Sooke Resort for the 2nd pen. I haven't heard an estimate for the additional costs yet for 2019 but whatever it is we have to find the money. You are right though,,,,,a raffle is a lot less work than organizing a large fishing derby!!

I would like to buy a couple tickets. I don’t do checks though and won’t be in Victoria.

Could I send a email transfer once tickets are available?

Five for me. Just wondering if we need the stubs if they are winners or do you just call?

Oly

Exfly we will figure something out and Oly the stubs are just your receipt of payment. We would have your contact info on the other half of the ticket.

I'm in for a couple,Pro.Live up island in Duncan and don't make it down much.Would you just send a cheque or money order to SVIAC with contact info?

I'm in for five. Same problem as fshnfnatic re location

I will personally have a supply of tickets and will be administering the mail out of ticket receipts. ( as this is a spin off of the derby). When I have tickets in hand I will post my mailing address.

If this keeps up they will be sold out before they are printed!!

I'm in for 2.
Did not know you were counting what is said here.
Assumed it would be first come first serve once you have the tix ready.

Not my first rodeo I learned along time ago when selling anything it isn't sold until you have money in hand. Just nice to see a positive response.

Back