Radar Arch and Mod's

Once the arch is in place the boat will no longer fit in my carport. That one bar will allow me to protect my top very easily in the winter from snow load and weather. Remember my boat never gets put in storage it gets used.

That at bar will likely be brought back a foot or so but not till all options have been looked at.

Forgot to snap a picture well I was just at the shop... Looks like I need a big bandaid that only a welder can apply.....

Hey FA, maybe ask the Gent that's doing the work, if he could take a few shots for you as it goes along.:cool: eman

Will be interested to see the results. That bar might come in handy for other things - maybe prawn or crab pot storage - who knows. It's easy to cut off later if desired.

Pictures will be coming.... :)

There is going to be a aluminum mesh carrier built that will be a seasonal option that can be removed to carry 8 Bauer Traps :)

I just got around to reading this thread - neat project!
About pivoting the arch... If you choose to try it? there are SS tapered pins available that will stop any rattles - A machine shop supply will have them and the lil tapered hand reamer that opens the holes out a bit to accept the tapered pin.

It's not a boat builder..... But a fabrication shop here in Courtenay where the welder has built boats. Not sure if he wanted the advertising, but I'll ask.

Just so you all know this boat originally came with a engine well that took up about 25% of the deck space. It came right up to where the fish hold is. A few years ago Wolfe Boats cut it off and custom made a custom removable plate that closed off the back of my motor/transom area. Now I am opening up even more room, adding stability and getting rid of the removable plate. In the future this will allow me to up them horsepower and not sink my machine.

Nope.... My trailer has about 12-14 inches of play to bring my boat forward and pick up some of the weight that will be added with this extension. I look forward to actually losing a bit of the tongue weight as right now I need 2 strong guys to lift it.

I like how the gunnel angles to the transom, gonna look good and be way more functional. So I thought you said no pod ?

No pod..... Full haul extension coming :)

This is pod...

This is is a haul extension....

The extension gives you better stability.

I must be a dumb butt. By hull extension, I thought you were actually extending the transom. But now I think I understand that you are just adding a pod that matches the hull of the boat? The work so far looks great and is going to really add to the fishability of the boat. Keep the pictures coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back