Questions for anyone that's bought an outboard in the last year?

Kinetic

So I'm now toying with the idea of repowering on older boat.
Just wondering if there's any deals to be had on outboard's in the off season and is there room to negotiate on price?
I don't want to walk in to a marine store without some idea of what a fair deal is lol.
Thanks in advance

I have bought lots of new outboards and there are always better deals at some dealers. I would call inlet marine if u are looking for a mercury!!!

give breakers a call, my bud just picked up 2 new old stock 200's for a smokin deal..

Bought a new kicker this wknd did quite a bit of shopping everyone's price just a bit different best price I ended up with was sg power on yamaha

Shop around for sure, prices can vary quite a bit from dealer to dealer. Suzukis 6 year warranty really can't be beat tho, unless u go new etec. @trophywife what did your bud pay for those 200's?

If you are interested in a Yamaha several of the local Vancouver guys have had picked up lowest prices on power from Port Boat House and had those outboards shipped here. There is a reason they chose Port Boat House over any place over here even with shipping was better deal. I did as well for my new power in summer of 2015. PortBH has warranty repair available in North Van as well.

You should be able to have warranty work done by any dealer in Canada for a Canadian bought yamaha with no issues.

You should be able to have warranty work done by any dealer in Canada for a Canadian bought yamaha with no issues.
Just a bonus that PBH does have a repair/warranty guy close by in Van. If warranty work necessary, I prefer to go to dealer I bought from so good its close.....but yes not necessary.

Bought a new kicker this wknd did quite a bit of shopping everyone's price just a bit different best price I ended up with was sg power on yamaha
I saw a Yamaha kicker in Costco! Not sure how the price compares but Costco is usually pretty good...worth a look.

Just bought a pair of Suzuki 175's and controls from Sherwoods in Victoria. These were a set of 2016's and the price after shopping around was pretty good. Really like the 6 year warranty and the general dependability of this 4 cylinder model which is a good workhorse out on the water. The Suzuki pricing was better than Yamaha (which was my other option). I know that Mercury has some good pricing on some of their 150's right now.

Back