Quamichan Lake

For sure,Rempy.It's a cool little lake that sees very little fishing pressure.Back in the 70's and 80's you weren't allowed
in there at all,as it was the water supply for the town of Crofton,but that's changed now.Most of the time I've gone in there,I never see a soul and if I do it's just families and stuff that have walked in there for a picnic.

Blast from the past bump.

My In-Laws just bought a house on the lake. Going to be headed there this weekend. I wonder if the fishing is still decent? I will bring out my Kayak and give it a go!

Has anybody had or even tried Quamichan this year or is now basically a dead lake. Used to be such a great fishing lake. Really miss going there.

Looks like you will have some fun, a few years ago i fished a similar lake on vancouver island to this in Langford (glen lake), used a canoe and trolled around a willow leaf with a wedding band with a fake egg on it and did well. Tried other trolling lures and caught nothing. There was a fly guy that did well not sure what he was using. Not sure what the pressure is like on this lake so can't comment on if the stock fished would be fished out.

upload_2019-1-11_16-4-51.png

all I have is this funny image to show for my efforts

upload_2019-1-11_16-15-11.png

The one time I fished the lake was several yrs ago and there was an algae bloom of epic poportions. I noticed tons of dead sticklebacks everywhere. We caught nothing but a buzz that day.

Yah same here. I think the oxygen level has been depleted from the bloom. To many nitrates from the farm runoff. The powers to be don't seem to care about Quamichan. Sad all those wealthy people live around a dead toxic lake.

Yeah, I've read about the algae (before they even bought the place). Seems like it is a summer thing. Good to see FFSBC still stocking it, so it must be viable in terms of survival as they have stopped stocking some other similar lakes due to mortality. I didn't wind up getting out there this weekend, maybe sometime in the spring.

Back