Purchasing Boat Gas

eaglemaniac

I was considering filling my three plastic 25 ltr. tanks, while the prices are reasonable. Should I add Stabl to them now as I'm not sure if I will use right away? I generally start fishing in May but could do some winter spring or prawning in February. Does it make any difference in performance? Thanks;) eman

Why would you not wait? the prices could still go down, and even if they started to go up. 2 cents for 75 liters that's $1.50

I am by no means an economist by trade, but the price of oil should technically not rebound until someone gives on the over supply problem, whether it be OPEC or some other party.

As Ricky from TPB says "Supply and command"

I've been monitoring all the other Island city gas prices and they are all 06 t0 10 cents more then the Comox Valley. with the roller coaster pricing in this area, I thought it might be a good time to top up. I'm more concerned with adding Stabl to fresh gas rather then the price. I usually use Stabl at the end of the season for over wintering. Thanks.;) eman

Eman,

At .90c a litre you can't go wrong filling a couple jerry cans.
with Stabl added you shouldn't have any problem.
If it continues down, fill another and lower your average price

jmho :)

Best to store in a dark or shaded place. Uv is bad for gas also get fuel with no ethanol it will store better

I'm more concerned with adding Stabl to fresh gas rather then the price. I usually use Stabl at the end of the season for over wintering. Thanks.;) eman

Get gas without ethanol and add stabilizer in the gas right away ( put in stabil prior to adding fuel- best). There is no advantage to waiting to add stabilizer later - infact its worse because the fuel is aging faster without stabilizer. The only disadvantage to adding stabilizer right away is if you are going to consume all that gas right away and therefore didn't need to add it. Some people run stabilizer year/season even though they are running their boat regularily but personally I feel that's not necessary unless you have long times without adding more fuel, even in summer.

Filled up at the Mission Hill Shell, 84.9 no ethanol added fuel. Best price since 1994.;) eman

Think you may mean 2004 as it seems like yesterday it was under 80 cents. 49.9 was kinda the norm in late nineties as I recall but in 1999 a price war at Capilano Rd and Marine Drive in North Van and I filled up at 33.9/l

I talk with a few stock brokers on a regular basis and they're expecting it to stay low for most of this year. No rush, from what I hear.

I was just going on what the gas jockey said on that 1994 thing. I'm sure your more correct on that Peahead. I just wish my memory was better on those things. Still quite pleased to get a break at the pumps for a change. Let's hope it does hang around for the summer. Thanks for all the info guys.;) eman

"The U.S. Energy Department reported earlier in the day that oil inventories had risen to their highest levels ever recorded."

Expect another drop.

You'd think everyone would be out driving around for the hell of it at those prices! I guess with most of the east coast shut down for a storm that consumption is down. Still, snowblowers, generators and pickups with blades all use something.

My guess on oil inventories would be that with world prices low, exporters are declining to ship in the hope of a slight rebound.

Back