Puntledge river

Talons

Has anyone started fishing for chum in the Puntledge this year? How is the water level? Is it back to normal yet?

No and no. Looks like the fact that coho and springs are closed has killed it. Chum have not really arrived yet!

Just had a look, 2 guys fishing at Condensory bridge, a couple in Puntlidge pk. Went up to the hatchery too. Saw one Chum in the hatchery...river still quite high and fast. None of the 4 fishers I talked to in the river had even seen a fish moving through.

water is down not to normal levels cause they are releasing water still its fishable i was down and caught couple Cohos but didnt see any chum yet tho i have heard they are getting caught

and it starts

the river was full this afternoon, saw 2 silver chums caught while I watched them during my coffee break......

Just wondering if anybody picked up a fishing rod on the town side of the condensory bridge? It is a Shimano Convergence 10' with a Abu G. 6500 reel? I left it on the side of my vehicle and then drove off =(. There is a reward if anybody has found it. My Phone # is 339-0094. Thanks.

it would be awsome if you got it back but my buddy did the same thing last year and it was long gone :(
id like to know if the guy that had the fish take his rod downstream on him got his rod back :(

Been fishing Puntledge river last few nights. There seems to be lots of fish in the river and lots of fisherman too. Most seem to be catching more than I have. I have been using a float and short leader. I have managed a couple of chum (some long released) to shore and a beauty bright coho (released of course) last night. I had some luck with a lead head jig before I lost it to a snag. It certainly seems you don't have to bottom bounce with a long leader to get into a couple of fish. Great fun after work! What is the length of the chum season here? Is it done soon? Thanks

Just wondering if anybody picked up a fishing rod on the town side of the condensory bridge? It is a Shimano Convergence 10' with a Abu G. 6500 reel? I left it on the side of my vehicle and then drove off =(. There is a reward if anybody has found it. My Phone # is 339-0094. Thanks.

what color was the reel i saw a rod and reel similar to that yesterday

hrmmm ill have ta investigate now for sure cause i know ive seen that rig and if im right i know the dude that has it as well

sure will man cause more i think about it im sure that was the rig he was using i just wanna make sure before i say anything you have any way to identify the reel at all any specific marks or something ?

Back