Pulling Pins in Tomic Plugs and Leaks

Whole in the Water

I fish 3 and 4 inch tomic plugs for cutthroat trout. To avoid losing plugs to snags and to get different action I have started pulling the pins and rigging the line through the plug - a pretty common practice.

My concern is about the plugs leaking. So far I haven't noticed any leaking but the plugs aren't cheap and I don't want to wreck any.

Anybody have any ideas or experience on how to make these pulled pin plugs more leak proof?

I fish 3 and 4 inch tomic plugs for cutthroat trout. To avoid losing plugs to snags and to get different action I have started pulling the pins and rigging the line through the plug - a pretty common practice.

My concern is about the plugs leaking. So far I haven't noticed any leaking but the plugs aren't cheap and I don't want to wreck any.

Anybody have any ideas or experience on how to make these pulled pin plugs more leak proof?
I've had a couple that have leaked over the years. Last time was on a real catcher so i filled the hole with epoxy then re drilled the hole

Back