Project Double Trouble!

You should black out the yamaha lol
Agreed, but take it one more step and throw some Verado emblems on it just for schitts and giggles;)

Just buy a ProKicker and be done with Yamaha. Over priced pieces of crap with way to many lousy service shops, and a warranty that sucks.

That vrod looks like it was made for her! Great looking rig Dan. I see you had some energy drinks to help with the install lol :D.

That vrod looks like it was made for her! Great looking rig Dan. I see you had some energy drinks to help with the install lol :D.

Thanks, Ya pockets are a bit empty now so we had to buy Pabst lol

Looks good on there Dan, if you haven't already figured out steering let me know I have some parts you may want....604 671 0109

Thanks mike. I got the fittings I needed ordered today.

Been busy with work and such. Got a nice break in the weather yesterday and pretty much knocked it out. Only thing left to do is the clean power harness and take it in to have the controls calibrated. I've got a Lowrance Gen2 HDS7 touch on the way with the wifi module as well. Anyone have a Navionics Gold card they would sell me?

Here's a look at the new dash/smartcraft configuration and the controls.

PDT.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
Also here is a look at some Uflex conversion fittings that albernifisher led me on to. They convert the face seal flange British Pipe Thread at the motor to NPT for standard hydraulic steering hoses. The Uflex part number is ULT BOSS T. Hopefully this helps someone in the future looking to do this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 512
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 517
Very interesting conversion fittings - I'm curious to know if converting to standard NPT hydraulic hoses resulted in significant cost savings for you? I was planning on using available Uflex through-transom fittings that allow me to get through my 3" thick transom, and then use a short (much less expensive and very easy to replace) hydraulic hose to connect from the transom to the motor while keeping the long hose well protected inside the boat...but - those Uflex through-transom fittings and hoses are very expensive, and if I was now able to use standard NPT fittings throughout it would be no trouble at all to build everything I need. I'm guessing you needed 4 of those conversion fittings, two at the helm and two at the cylinder?

Very interesting conversion fittings - I'm curious to know if converting to standard NPT hydraulic hoses resulted in significant cost savings for you? I was planning on using available Uflex through-transom fittings that allow me to get through my 3" thick transom, and then use a short (much less expensive and very easy to replace) hydraulic hose to connect from the transom to the motor while keeping the long hose well protected inside the boat...but - those Uflex through-transom fittings and hoses are very expensive, and if I was now able to use standard NPT fittings throughout it would be no trouble at all to build everything I need. I'm guessing you needed 4 of those conversion fittings, two at the helm and two at the cylinder?
If you buy a bulkhead hose kit you get two lines with a bulkhead fitting on each. On the Verado cylinder you use the orb to tube fitting like above and on the helm you use a 90 degree elbow either npt to tube or orb to tube depending on the age of you helm.

A picture says it all... All smiles..............

Attachments

• 20150215_144326.jpg
    20150215_144326.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 335
Pretty stoked after the test run. Dropped it in the river in Fort Langley and burned around for a bit. The power is amazing and were pretty happy with our fuel economy numbers we got. We took 3 guys loaded down with gear, full tank of fuel, running a 15.5x17P Mirage Plus and got 6000 rpm at 46mph. Were running 2 holes up and the cavitation plate was still buried. We will raise it up another hole and retest. She cruised at 23mph turning 3500rpm burning 7.8gph. I calculated 11.90% slip at WOT so looks like were really close with this prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a new first mate, hope he likes fishing!

Attachments

• 20150226_141713.jpg
    20150226_141713.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 201
Back