Project Double Trouble!

Thanks a lot guys! We are broke lol but totally stoked! Cant wait to get out prawning again and enjoy living on the west coast.

That's a great build. Brings me back to building mine and finishing broke also! lol But they are well worth it. Real nice!

Great job. That has to be one of the nicest DE's on the coast. You should be very proud!

Great work! Your a skilled craftsman with a keen attention to detail. That boat will serve you well as I've always felt if you take care of your machines they will take care of you. Hope to see you out on the water, should easy to spot you. Did you make those DE stickers or get them made, I'd love a set for mine?

James

Thanks again guys! I had the DE stickers made. If anyone wants the image to take to a print shop pm me your email and I will send you the fullsize file.

this is the image I had made..................................................................................

Attachments

• w2347.jpg
    w2347.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 577
That thing rocks Dan, i was gonna post pics of my DE build now that its done, but.................... i dont think ill bother now that you stole the show. LOL nice job man see ya in Sooke.

Buzz, please show your pics also. Every different style of rebuild has something to offer.

Nice work Dan.
Common buzz, I have seen your boat, done a beauty job.
Get'em up here.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Nice work Dan! She's a beaut!!! What do you think you put into it? $$$ Roughly

The boat as a whole no comment lol but got a smokin deal on the motor and ordered everything online to US address for absolute cheapest price possible. Podding it cost 7K total and recovered $1200 from the old drive so $5800 out of pocket to do this and a crap load of hours and Luckys.

That thing rocks Dan, i was gonna post pics of my DE build now that its done, but.................... i dont think ill bother now that you stole the show. LOL nice job man see ya in Sooke.

Go ahead man, Mine looks good from far but its far from good lol

I will start my own thread as soon as i get a chance to down load some pics. Dans boat is a full custom mine was just a a full clean and detail,re power,re wire and all new top and electronics and rigging. It started as a bare 1979 hull,so not as much blood and sweat and money as Dans lol.

Props

Well we are playing the prop game now. Test run went good except we found out in a hurry that we had a prop from a smaller gearcase like a 115 on there so there was no seal to the gearcase allowing exhaust gas to exit around the prop instead of through it causing heavy cavitation!

Picking up a solas aluminum today for testing, the cool thing with a solas through Precision Propeller is you can keep swaping them out at no charge untill your happy! We'll likely go to a stainless after we find the correct pitch for our boat.

Stuck between:

Solas Titan 4 blade

Merc Enertia

Merc Merage Plus

Merc Vensura 4 blade

Apparently the Vensura is the old merc Offshore renamed and the Titan 4 blade is considered a direct knock off of the Offshore prop

Please let us know how the prop testing goes. I'm looking at props now as well. I have a generic 14.5x19 on my 150 right now and it works pretty good but I'd like to get into a 4 blade. Have you looked at the Merc Revolution 4?

Will do for sure 79. Starting off with a Solas Rubbex 14x17. Had a good conversation with Gary who started precision in 61. What service! Hes retired and he went out of his way to call me and discuss props for my hull. They will be getting my business from here on out for sure. I haven't looked at the rev 4 yet. Were going with something with high rake because were running our anti ventilation plate 2 inches up which is what we are basing our desisions from

I really like my enertia on my 300 verado, great prop picked up a couple mph and decreased fuel burn compared to the old 3 blade.

Be proud. Very proud. You are now set up for a decade or so.

Prop Talk

Well the Solas Rubex 14x17 test was a big surprise. With a target rpm of 5600 we only hit 4750 WOT at 39mph. I took the prop back and will be trying out a 15.5x13 tomorrow afternoon. With a 13" pitch that totally eliminates the Stainless Merc props because they are not offered in pitches that low.

I did however find a prop called a Turbo Ultima 4 blade that I can get with a hub kit for $358 US shipped to my PO box. Half the price of a merc and sounds exactly what Im looking for and is available in a 13" pitch.

http://www.turbo-props.com/products/turbo-ultima-4-series_ultima

Back