Project 'Bad Habits' Build

Sneeky bugger lol. The Bad Attitude Sculpin..........look out ha ha.

Cool stuff Gypseas. Thanks for posting those photoshopped pic's.

Post some pic's of the interior with the mock up on Nick so we can see what your talking about.

Cheers,
John

Cabin Mock Up - FINAL DESIGN - ooooh looky!

Ok, finally solidified what I think is my final design (i guess this would be mock up #4) for the new cabin I will be putting onto my Crestliner.

I've mocked up with windows with tape. Some things not included in the mock up is a wind/rain screen welded to the over hang off the roof above the windshield. Going to add a raised rear extension to add another 8-12" to the extended hardtop, where I will mount 8 rocket launchers. 4 more rod holders will be added to the side of the cabin, on either side. Grab rails for the roof and back corners of the cabin. May add a Light/radar bar ontop of the roof, or mount directly to the roof with the electronics. Will also be adding an electronics box inside the cabin attached to the cieling that will house VHF and maybe sounder equipment.

Also plan to cap the edges of the roof with 1" tubing (no sharp corners)....

I think it looks pretty gat damn sharp and would as usual love to hear what you all think!

Thanks!

Nick -FB-

Post some pic's of the interior with the mock up on Nick so we can see what your talking about.

Cheers,
John

PS - the 4th photo shows the interior cabin 'dash board'. note the almost 2+ feet of space available where I have all my tools and crap...this is why I felt a forward facing window would be to far forward from the helm, and should I need to access the interior of the windshield (wipe moisture, clean it) it would be very difficult if it were forward facing.

Attachments

• 0507121224a.jpg
    0507121224a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 223
  • 0507121240a.jpg
    0507121240a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 0507121227a.jpg
    0507121227a.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 0507121227c.jpg
    0507121227c.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 0507121226a.jpg
    0507121226a.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 196
...also since I have opted to do the extended hard-top with the bimi rear wall, I dont think I will be needing a sliding window. So the mock-up details the window design I've chosen. 3 large windows, all made of laminated glass, for maximum visibility.

Every slider seems to have bulky frames, crappy screens, and for the most part are more of a PITA than its worth.

Member Comfort Zone uses a small fan to keep the windows clean of fogging and moisture and it worked just fine in the worst of conditions...would likely go the same route with 2 roof mounted fans to circulate cabin air, rather than relying on a slider.

exciting stuff as I see it coming together!

very nice. it is nice seeing it all together...you will have no visability issues with those HUGE windows....and i agree a slider will be basically useless with the open rear cabin

yes roof mount the fans and you will be golden...(thats been on my to do list for a while!)

how far back is the etented hard top going to be...wouldnt need to be much further really...

good work! its coming together!!

Matt

here's a pic of mine if you want to see the scale of a factory top IMG_0302.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0295a.jpg
    IMG_0295a.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 184
Hardtop

Here is a better pic for you to see the factory scale ----if you are going back 10 or 12 in more than this thats probably good

IMG_0226_3.jpg

Have you thought about going with a split window in the front to keep with the factory lines, and keep all the rest just like you have done. Looks good can't wait to see the finished product.

Here is a better pic for you to see the factory scale ----if you are going back 10 or 12 in more than this thats probably good

View attachment 3758

Beautiful boat SA, you can tell the previous owner kept it VERY clean. The hardtop has a very similar look to what I've designed, excluding the factory windshield. I like the electronics box inside...where I got the idea for my plan ! Nice Rig!

Have you thought about going with a split window in the front to keep with the factory lines, and keep all the rest just like you have done. Looks good can't wait to see the finished product.

A split window to maintain the line would be nice, but an unobstructed windshield would be a pleasure to drive behind. For that reason I'm sticking to the full window, unless the glass installer tells me otherwise. Once the structure is built and the glass installed, I think it will take on a very stylish look, and a fishable platform to satisfy my needs most definitely.

on another note, I've been considering seating options and really like the back to back style Kellys thread hinted me onto. A little research and learining about "Sleeper Seats" and this has become a good possibilty to look into. Not only can I adapt a pair of sleeprers into a full bed BUT it also makes for useable storage under the seats...an option I am currently digging!

For this week plan to get on changing all the fuel/water lines....

-FB-

Nick, not sure I would go wit sleeper seats, reasons being they are bulky, stationary(do not swivel) and the aft facing seats would leave the occupants feet dangling(i think, as the helm is raised I believe??) unless a foot rest is built, which will again take up more room, (or will be a nice shin smashing device during a double header!)

love the back to back idea though...google bayliner 266 and check out that seating set up captains chairs then a lower pad that folds up to become seat on the back...I believe the are called jumper seats....if you want the option to get them out of the way without removing or leaving on shore

had the sleepers on my 16ft hourston, not overly impressed...but they worked

Matt

Nick, not sure I would go wit sleeper seats, reasons being they are bulky, stationary(do not swivel) and the aft facing seats would leave the occupants feet dangling(i think, as the helm is raised I believe??) unless a foot rest is built, which will again take up more room, (or will be a nice shin smashing device during a double header!)

love the back to back idea though...google bayliner 266 and check out that seating set up captains chairs then a lower pad that folds up to become seat on the back...I believe the are called jumper seats....if you want the option to get them out of the way without removing or leaving on shore

had the sleepers on my 16ft hourston, not overly impressed...but they worked

Matt

^^^^^^what he said! I like Johnny's set up on the Hourston posted by Kelly. Those are great seats and bomb proof.

Looks good Nick. Keep them coming. I'm almost done with my projects now (broke and tired) so I have to live vicariously through others like yourself:).

Cheers,
John

^^^^^^what he said! I like Johnny's set up on the Hourston posted by Kelly. Those are great seats and bomb proof.

Looks good Nick. Keep them coming. I'm almost done with my projects now (broke and tired) so I have to live vicariously through others like yourself:).

Cheers,
John

Ya CZ makes some good points. I did really like the seats detailed in Kellys post....but heres a link to the bayliner layout CZ was refferring to...i think it is a very nice setup! Space saving and still suitable for 4 with storage...

http://www.aquaticboatcentres.com/bayliner/images/gallery_pics/266-3.jpg

or go a similar route as Johnny's setup and just build the box and bolt some seats on...probably the best option being that it is a custom build and stuff out of a factory never fits quite how you want, its always a compromise.

That looks pretty cool too. Either way you pretty much have to build some boxes that step down. The plus side is you can custom make them to suit your needs with lockers and tackle storage etc under them. The great thing about a rebuild is being able to have things the way you like them and to suit your own needs.

That looks pretty cool too. Either way you pretty much have to build some boxes that step down. The plus side is you can custom make them to suit your needs with lockers and tackle storage etc under them. The great thing about a rebuild is being able to have things the way you like them and to suit your own needs.

You said it John. Its funny, sometimes it is easy to think outside of the box, and other times, its like your trapped inside of it. As a novice at this sort of thing, I don't have the experience to know whats out there. When I think seats, all I can do is cruise the net of the various marine seating mfg's, and its hard to think beyond what they have built, and get back to customization, when really that is the best option.

You said it John. Its funny, sometimes it is easy to think outside of the box, and other times, its like your trapped inside of it. As a novice at this sort of thing, I don't have the experience to know whats out there. When I think seats, all I can do is cruise the net of the various marine seating mfg's, and its hard to think beyond what they have built, and get back to customization, when really that is the best option.

I think you are doin' a pretty good job...definitly lots of thought going into it...and you have definitley learned a thing or two since you started im sure

by the time you are done nobody will be able to deny that it is a custom rig!! that is for sure

Casper, thats a pretty cool seat! I like the idea of having access through the walkway as well. I was thinking about the storage aspect of the seating I intend to put in, one thing I have to remeber that under the seats is what houses the two large fish lockers. There is no floor locker so the only space available is under the seats.

I was thinking of having a large locker under each seat, accessable from the deck, with a smaller cabintet above each fish locker, where the raised helm and passenger chairs would be. I could for sure see that garelick seat being integrated into the design, given its so space saving and functional when it needs to be...

good find, thanks

A buddy has a simailer set-up and the seats fold upwards and a cooler slides under the seats

Just a thought, depending on your budget, shock absorbing seats would save them kidneys a lot of wear and tear. I owned three alloys and had suspension seats in the last one and mariners in the current one and love 'em.
I don't know what your entry deadrise is on your boat but alloys love the occasional slap in the chop being lighter than the tupperware out there.

cheers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tractor-Sus...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a742b032a#ht_500wt_1415
http://www.bentleysmfg.com/mariner-severe-duty/

Just a thought, depending on your budget, shock absorbing seats would save them kidneys a lot of wear and tear. I owned three alloys and had suspension seats in the last one and mariners in the current one and love 'em.
I don't know what your entry deadrise is on your boat but alloys love the occasional slap in the chop being lighter than the tupperware out there.

cheers[/URL]

No stranger to aluminum abuse that's for sure...sometimes its often just our prop getting wet, and our backs compressing! The deadrise of this boat is steaper than most of the aluminums I see but Im sure with the lighter weight it will still pop out of the water more often than a glasser.

B. Bring
O. Out
A. Another
T. Thousand

That being said, since I'm doing nearly all the work myself on this rig, to spend a little more on the comforts of life is possible. The suspension seats work good, but not as well as I figure the price tag should reflect. I don't think I would have the room to accomodate such a large mechanical seat in the cabin though. Luckily, there is no shortage of seat MFG's (wise, tempess, bentley, ect ect) that make bolt on helm seats...pretty much every option and style available.

The seats will stick out and be a big aesthetic point of the cabin, so I want to pick one that looks good, and is comfortable as possible. Your opinions and ideas are greatly appreciated!
Cheers, NICK

Throwing this out there...is it crazy? Was thinking of a glass moon-roof in the ceiling? .....may get flamed for this one :p haha

Back