Private Pond Jigging JawJacker test

FishDoc

Rainbow Trout Action on the JawJacker and Jigging JawJacker devices on the trout pond here on the west coast of Canada. We had a cold snap while the rest of the country was freezing we got cold enough to freeze the pond and create a little ice fishing at home. So I know people have asked for a test and I know the results will vary depending on the day, but here is test number one. I set up two Jigging JawJackers and 2 JawJackers all with the same Atomic Waxworm Tungsten jig and nightcrawler from Backcountry Tackle. Check out this video. Hope you enjoy it. Even got a crazy double header at the end of the video.

He said it is a privately stocked pond so can fish as many lines as he wants. Begs the question, just because a body of water is private, or ‘claimed’ to be private like Corbett Lake and Stoney and Minnie, does that mean the owner gets to make the regulations?

How many lines is one person allowed to fish?
Cheers!
Ukee

A person is allowed one line when fishing BC public regulated waters.

He said it is a privately stocked pond so can fish as many lines as he wants. Begs the question, just because a body of water is private, or ‘claimed’ to be private like Corbett Lake and Stoney and Minnie, does that mean the owner gets to make the regulations?

So those lakes you mentioned are different. Those are public lakes surrounded by private property. Public lakes cannot be owned. Some of those lakes claim to own part of the lake cause they changed the lake by flooding part of their land. If you have a natural lake that is surrounded by public land you can not legaly stock it very easily from what I read. So not sure how those lakes pulled it off. Probably lots of money under table. Now the Judge states those lakes can no longer be private though this last year. So we will see what happens since I think it went to appeal.

Our pond is a man made hole and the lake bottom is actually owned by the home owners. We pay property taxes including lake floor. We pay to have the lake stocked. So we own the lake, own the fish. The rules say you can do whatever you want with them if it is a man made lake and the fish are not for commercial use. We could net them out with a big gill net if we wanted.

I know a guy says I have to follow provincial regulations in my backyard in a comment on youtube, but that does not make any sense. Why would the government regulate how you catch your own fish that you payed for on your property. No sense at all.

Back