Prince Rupert

dradons

Heading up there for the weekend to fish with my brother. There is not a reports thread going at this time. Anybody have any reports?

Will be fishing three days and should be able to get most places in our boat. Is going North to areas around Dundas worth it at this time?

The last week has been pretty slow. I know a few charter guys who are suffering a bit over the last week or so.

I have heard there aren't any fish near Dundas really over the last week either but hopefully it'll all change. I'll PM you later tonight when they guys get in and ill let you know how they made out if you like

Cheers

The last week has been pretty slow. I know a few charter guys who are suffering a bit over the last week or so.

I have heard there aren't any fish near Dundas really over the last week either but hopefully it'll all change. I'll PM you later tonight when they guys get in and ill let you know how they made out if you like

Cheers

Yah hopefully it changes. Let me know what you hear. Thanks

I would think it should be prime time up there right now... Or getting really close to it.

Lots of juvenile black cod across the sound right now. Guys are going through dozens and dozens of herring/anchovies each trip. Supposedly they will be moving on soon. We fished Melville Island a couple days ago, brought back a bunch of small springs and a few nice early coho. Only a couple black cod.

Neighbor came back a week and a half oho with excellent reports. Another buddy who guides up there just got back with terrible catches. 4 fish with 4 anglers on 3 day trip.

Oly

Fishing is starting to pick up from last week.

Still not as good as it should be. Last three days in total were 3 over halibut 2 under, 11 spring and 2 coho although it is still early for coho a bit.
Could be better but it could also be a lot worse

Not as much of those sablefish eating the bait as last week too so that's a positive. Last week a guide I know ran through 90 pieces of bait by noon on those things

It's been a grind the past week or so. Lots of small Chinook but not a lot of big fish being caught. Coho are starting to show up but hopefully we see some bigger Chinook rolling in.

Was north of Rupert 21-25. Hit 6 over 30 wed aft. thought here we go then went slow but steady. Boats running all over the north end of Dundas. Lodge boats especially scrambling to find fish. Got into 2 Coho a bit further north. Guide commented, looks like their in for another slow season. No shortage of ground fish.
Wasn't warm and lots of rain but wind was laid down for the most part and could venture a bit further.

Back