Prawn traps - - - - GONE

Well I got a call from a company in Squamish asking if I had lost some prawn gear!!!!!!

Turns out they did run through them all by Passage and my two sets were the only ones to make it. Others had rope that broke etc.

I got everything back expect for the two line weights, so happy!

Get your names on your floats people:)

Well I got a call from a company in Squamish asking if I had lost some prawn gear!!!!!!

Turns out they did run through them all by Passage and my two sets were the only ones to make it. Others had rope that broke etc.

I got everything back expect for the two line weights, so happy!

Get your names on your floats people:)
Repayment from the fish Gods! remember the poachers you turned in at crescent beach? Good things happin to good people.

Could give a shout-out to name the company that went to the trouble of gathering your gear in and calling you.
Good karma for them.
I work in the gulf, and am also a sportie, so I can recognize lost gear that is miles offshore and in too deep waters. Over last few years I have picked up and returned 16 sets of marked gear to some very happy people. I came across a barely floating styro float off Grief point at Westview, in November, so we grabbed it, and low and behold when I called the fellow, he had set it in mid august off Roberts Creek. I measured distance and it was 46 miles away from where put down. I do see gear floating between well outside pt grey and the hump ( Roger Curtis). Quite often cannot retrieve. If the numbers are big enuff, I try and phone first. It is not easy for me to just stop. Funniest phone call was to a fellow in Burnaby, when I found his gear 8 miles off entrance, and he said he hadn't lost anything. then he remembered he had left gear with his son in law on the island.. Someone didn't say he had lost his gear. All ended well. I watch this site and when I see posts of lost gear, I try to watch for them.

I work in the gulf, and am also a sportie, so I can recognize lost gear that is miles offshore and in too deep waters. Over last few years I have picked up and returned 16 sets of marked gear to some very happy people. I came across a barely floating styro float off Grief point at Westview, in November, so we grabbed it, and low and behold when I called the fellow, he had set it in mid august off Roberts Creek. I measured distance and it was 46 miles away from where put down. I do see gear floating between well outside pt grey and the hump ( Roger Curtis). Quite often cannot retrieve. If the numbers are big enuff, I try and phone first. It is not easy for me to just stop. Funniest phone call was to a fellow in Burnaby, when I found his gear 8 miles off entrance, and he said he hadn't lost anything. then he remembered he had left gear with his son in law on the island.. Someone didn't say he had lost his gear. All ended well. I watch this site and when I see posts of lost gear, I try to watch for them.
Seafood 19 your are a awesome human been, may u be blessed with good karma and tight lines

Back